Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

I want to go everywhere I haven't been, and back to everywhere I have been.

Sunday, June 1, 2014

FLOWERS AROUND THE HOUSE: WEEKEND TRAVEL INSPIRATION



  A travel quote to live by --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

What kind of traveler are you?

Do you like to stay close to home...
travel to the most remote parts of the world...
or are you an armchair traveler?

If you know me,
then it doesn't surprise you that I would pack my bags
in 5 minutes flat to go just about anywhere
on this great big planet.
 I have an insatiable appetite to go to places I've never been before. 

As much as I love seeing the world,
I'm an avid armchair traveler, as well.
In fact, one of the reasons I started reading blogs,
was to get to know the world on a more intimate level,
by seeing it through the eyes of the bloggers 
who live in places I've been to, or want to go. 
I've succeeded beyond my wildest dreams,
and now have friendships with many bloggers around the globe.

So when my friend, Corinne, at Reflections Enroute 
announced her new Weekend Travel Inspiration party,
 I knew it was a trip I had to go on! 
 

This week, since I'm busy planting flowers around my house,
I was inspired to share a few homes that I've seen on my travels, 
covered in all their floral splendor.

Megalahori...Santorini, Greece  --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes
Megalohori, Santorini, Greece


Castellina in Chianti -- Tuscany, Italy --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes
Castellina in Chianti - Tuscany, Italy


Jerusalem's Yemen Moshe neighborhood, Israel  --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes
Jerusalem's Yemen Moshe neighborhood, Israel


Santorini, Greece --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes
Near Kamari Beach, Santorini, Greece


Venice, Italy --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes
Venice, Italy

 
Jerusalem's Yemen Moshe neighborhood, Israel  --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes
Jerusalem's Yemen Moshe neighborhood, Israel



Kind of makes my few meager flower pots 
around the house seem a bit...
understated...
don't you think?


Keep Calm and Travel On!


Weekend Travel Inspiration --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes





Linking with:
Weekend Travel Inspiration
Travel Photo Monday 
Our World Tuesday
A Return To Loveliness 
Best Of The Weekend


 

37 comments:

  1. Amy...gorgeous! I love it! What a great seque...from armchair to favorite "home" shots. Thanks for linking up! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved having a reason to post some old travel photos...thanks for the party, Corinne!

      Delete
  2. Lovely photos! The gardens are so lush and beautiful.
    Love to travel...
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Patti! It was fun to dig these out of the archives, and remember how beautiful they were in person!

      Delete
  3. What beautiful photos, and what beautiful places to live or visit. I've always been the same way - give me five minutes to pack my bag and I'm off. My grandma used to call it "itchy feet".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So that explains why my feet are always itchy, lol! I like that expression! Thanks, Cynthia!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful photos and flowers. I know what you mean about having just a few flower pots around. I know someone who's been working on her back yard garden for 20 years. It's breathtaking. Takes a long time .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I was that kind of gardener. I really admire people who have that gardening gene! I appreciate your visit, Carol Jane!

      Delete
  5. All breathtakingly beautiful!! I have to say, I see many things in common between Greece and Israel, with respect to lush, colourful bursts of boldness! I absolutely adore bougainvillea, but my husband refused to plant it since its petals would invade our neighbour's pool on windy days. I just thought that that would be aesthetically romantic, no?!!

    Have a great week!

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I thought that there were similarities, too! I agree with you -- a bougainvillea would be a very romantic touch!

      Delete
  6. I'm more of an armchair traveler. That may change when we become empty nesters though. I travel mostly to places that I've been to before or are in neighboring states. I love seeing all the beautiful places that you have been! You have such great photos and stories to tell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of my best trips have been been from my armchair! Seriously, I planned an entire trip to the south of France that we never went on, but boy, did I enjoy doing the research!

      Delete
  7. Oh- What fun! I could travel at least 1/2 the time as long as I could come home to see baby faces in between travels! My dad used to say if the car started I was in the seat before he could put it in gear. lol I love that you have been able to travel so much- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I always say that traveling is fabulous, but you have to love what you come home to!

      Delete
  8. Thanks for sharing these with us and I love the ones in Italy. That was always a dream of mine and going to Ireland.

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Italy was one of my favorite European trips, and I would love to go back!

      Delete
  9. Beautiful photos. I want to go to Tuscany! and everywhere else you have been. Take me in your suitcase. :) I'm quiet but I am very tall so legs would be sticking out. Actually , I am not quiet at all. laugh out LOUD!!
    ~denise

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excellent photos, i want to go to all of these places

    ReplyDelete
  11. Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I really appreciate that you stopped by!

      Delete
  12. Gorgeous shots - I'm getting itchy feet...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never heard that expression before, until someone said it in one of the comments above! I love it -- I always have itchy feet!

      Delete
  13. oh how lovely are these pictures you took from your travels. i really like that quote from the dalai lama.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm so glad that you stopped by - I appreciate the visit and the comment!

      Delete
  14. Beautiful flowers!! Boom, Bobbi and Gary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Thanks so much for commenting, and for stopping by!

      Delete
  15. These places are all Gorgeous!! and your flowers are very pretty too!! Blessings dear, Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really know how to do flowers in other countries, don't they?

      Delete
  16. What spectacular photos Amy - wow - I've never been to Greece ( would love to ) or Israel ( would love to ) and don't even have any decent photos of places I HAVE been to!
    All those trips to Paris - and nothing - is that normal? ( no reply necessary - thank you )
    I should have been blogging way before I started since that's the only reason I take photos it would seem LOL
    Those Greece photos ? The house colors are just as beautiful as the flowers - perfection
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One house was more beautiful than the next, in Greece, Suzan! I have places I've been where every photo is awful - (pre-digital!). It's as bad as having no photos!

      Delete
  17. Thanks for sharing your flower filled parts of the world. I've never been to Greece so it was fun being an armchair traveler.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of my best trips have been from my armchair, Karen! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  18. Thanks, Felicia! I'm glad you enjoyed the post. I hope you'll visit again!

    ReplyDelete

PRIVACY POLICY: I will never share your email information with others. I use your email to respond to your comments on my blog, or to interact socially with you.