Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

I want to go everywhere I haven't been, and back to everywhere I have been.

Thursday, January 21, 2016

Tropical Plants of Puerto Rico...and Please Don't Snow!


Do you believe in positive energy?
I do, and I'm hoping that if you do, too, you'll help me out with something.
Don't worry, it's nothing serious...
I'm just hoping to fend off a big snowstorm this weekend.  
I figure that if I channel everyone's positive energy,
maybe, together, we can make this blizzard buzz off.   

I know, I know, we've been lucky up until now,
with unusually mild weather, and no snow.
But, still.    
Our first major snowstorm of the winter couldn't come at a worse time.  
It's supposed to start on Saturday morning
and continue until Sunday midday.
Depending on which way the winds blow,
we could get anywhere from 6 -12 inches. 

Normally, I wouldn't mind hunkering down and enjoying some cozy time at home,
but the snow could mess up some big weekend plans.
Junior Goo Shoes is scheduled to take the SAT on Saturday morning
(of course, he is praying for snow!)...
and we've got a surprise birthday party to go to on Sunday 
for one of our closest friends. 

So, are you game for giving me a little help?
It goes without saying that this could help the weather wherever you are, too ;)
I'll provide some "tropical visualization,"
and all you have to do is think, "NO SNOW" as you look at the pictures,
which, by the way, I took during our recent stay at the St. Regis Hotel in Puerto Rico.

Ready?
Close your eyes...
oh, wait, scratch that -- 
you need to keep them open so you can see the pictures --
and think...NO SNOW!!!























Thanks, everyone, for all of your "sNOw" energy...
I really think this is gonna work! 
Won't it?

 Linking With:
 Best of the Weekend
Home Sweet Home
Weekend Travel Inspiration 
Our World Tuesday
Wow Us Wednesday
Wake Up Wednesday 
Home and Garden Thursday 

  

21 comments:

  1. Oh, I keep watching the weather and our local guy keeps saying that we are going to just be spectators to this snowstorm but that you guys near NYC are going to get hit! I hope they are wrong for your sake. NO SNOW!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will keep my fingers and toes crossed and I'll also send some of our Florida weather your way.

    I heard the snow could head east from D.C. so maybe you'll be ok.

    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will keep my fingers and toes crossed and I'll also send some of our Florida weather your way.

    I heard the snow could head east from D.C. so maybe you'll be ok.

    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keeping fingers crossed and sending our good weather from the northwest!
    Have fun at the party and good luck to Jr. on the SAT test!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh and love the pictures, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sending Florida's weather your way. Praying the SNOW misses you and comes HERE. I MISS SNOW. We aren't even having nice Florida Winter weather lately. Not a lot of SUN here. Chilly and DAMP.
    Have a great party on Sunday. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't blame ANYONE for NOT wanting to take a SAT test. I am a former teacher and I DON'T like it. Praying for a good test result though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Your pictures are really pretty! I really like that fern (pic 8)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amy I loved every photo of the plants you captured in Puerto Rico. Now I want to travel there more than ever. As much as I would like no snow tomorrow night into the weekend ... News said Philadelphia will get a blizzard. Yikes!
    xoxo,
    Vera

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sending wishes for NO SNOW for your part of the world. Over here?.....rain and more rain.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such lovely floral shots, Amy! Breathtaking.

    Well forecasters HAVE known to be wrong, correct? :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such lovely floral shots, Amy! Breathtaking.

    Well forecasters HAVE known to be wrong, correct? :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amy, I love, love, love these plant photos. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just watch the news channel and they said it snowed in Eastern USA. So sorry your wish wasn't granted!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful photos! And sorry about your snow - we even got snow and ice here in tropical South Carolina!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You just provided me with a well needed mental tropical vacation with these beauties.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What gorgeous tropical shots! Hope you survived the storm...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hope the combined positive energy worked!Beautiful pictures of plants which are all in my garden.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thinking of you and those beautiful flowers. Hope the snow holds back for you.

    ReplyDelete
  20. That has some positive vibes for sure!! I love the tropics and I wish I could go there this time of year! Thanks for taking me there visually! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete

PRIVACY POLICY: I will never share your email information with others. I use your email to respond to your comments on my blog, or to interact socially with you.