Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

I want to go everywhere I haven't been, and back to everywhere I have been.

Thursday, July 27, 2017

HOW DOES YOUR GARDEN GROW? 10 CONTAINER GARDEN IDEAS






10 CONTAINER GARDEN IDEAS | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

How does your garden grow, halfway through summer?
With silver bells and cockle shells?
Or quite contrary, with fading blooms, and leaves of brown?

 For the most part, my flowers are still thriving, looking lush and abundant.
Usually by this time of the summer, 
my plantings look more like the Garden of Weedin' than a paradise of posies. 
By late July, I grow weary of watering and dead-heading.
This year, however, I've been diligent about keeping them hydrated and well-groomed, 
pinching off spent blossoms, and pruning dead leaves.
My care has yielded bountiful begonias, a profusion of petunias,
a mass of marigolds and some very patient impatiens. 
The creeping jenny is practically galloping; the licorice plants are good and plentiful
(yes, that's my attempt at candy humor 😉).

Some of my plantings haven't survived, through no fault of my own.
Unfortunately, the deer and rabbits have had their way with them,
which really gets my goat (animal pun intended).

 I enjoy putting together combinations of flowers,
but I do admit it's nice sometimes to purchase something ready-made, 
 plop it into a container and call it a day.
Unless otherwise noted, the containers below are my own creations.
It's unlikely that at this point in the season, you need any ideas for container gardens,
 unless you live "down under" and summer is coming,
but I've chronicled some favorites for my own personal future reference.......
and perhaps, yours.
Pinning is free, after all. 


PART-SHADE CONTAINERS


1. Caladium, Impatiens, Begonias, Licorice Plant
10 CONTAINER GARDEN IDEAS | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes


2. Caladium, New Guinea Impatiens, English Ivy
10 CONTAINER GARDEN IDEAS | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes
I bought this one pre-assembled at Lowe's.


3. Begonias, Impatiens, Creeping Jenny
10 CONTAINER GARDEN IDEAS | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes


4. Impatiens, Coleus
10 CONTAINER GARDEN IDEAS | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes
This one has since been ravaged by deer or rabbits. 


PART-SUN CONTAINERS 


5. New Guinea Impatiens, Begonias, Creeping Jenny
10 CONTAINER GARDEN IDEAS | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes
I bought this arrangement from Lowe's.


6. Banana plant, Impatiens, Begonias, Marigolds, Gazania, Creeping Jenny
10 CONTAINER GARDEN IDEAS | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes



FULL SUN CONTAINERS


7. Banana Plant, Petunias, Begonias, Marigolds, Gazania, Licorice Plant
10 CONTAINER GARDEN IDEAS | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes



8. Petunias, Verbena, Lemon Slice Superbells
10 CONTAINER GARDEN IDEAS | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes
Mr. Goo Shoes bought me this one for Mother's Day.


9. Herb Garden: Lavender, Sage, Lemon Thyme, Rosemary, Mint, Basil
10 CONTAINER GARDEN IDEAS | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes


10. Flower Box: Petunias, Marigolds, Gazania, Licorice Plant
10 CONTAINER GARDEN IDEAS | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes



 
And now, for your pinning pleasure:

10 CONTAINER GARDEN IDEAS | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes




YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:




 

11 comments:

  1. Pretty, pretty!! I am boring. I throw some impatiens into a few different containers and call it a day. It worked out great for me this year because they are actually overflowing in prettiness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all pretty, Amy! I especially love caladiums mixed in, and the banana plants. My husband has always been good at designing planters but then he should since he owned a garden center for years. And I'm pretty good at admiring them, my contribution!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is quite a lot of eye candy Amy. Your flowers look like something out of a magazine. I went cheap and easy this year but what I did plant is looking pretty good.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm curious about your potting soil, what you use. My daughter bought me two large planters and I'm getting ready to try my hand at mixing a few plants in the same pot but I'm not sure what I need as a base soil.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dayle, I used Miracle Gro Potting Mix - seems to have worked for my plants!

      Delete
  5. Those all look great,Amy. My baskets and containers are doing great this year, too. It has been hot and we have had lots of rain so I haven't had to water as much. I really LOVE mixed plantings. I think it adds so much interest. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amy, those are absolutely beautiful! As part of our sell-the-house-and-go-to-Greece efforts, we had the exterior painted and raced around getting plants and planting up our pots to coordinate with the home's new look. Then the stager came out (the one who tells you what can stay and what must go) and with a sweeping gesture said, "These will go. . ." And I thought to myself, "you don't want them? then you can haul them away." If my blooms kill a sale, so be it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your container and gorgeous flower combos Amy! It's the only way I garden in my yard too!
    Have a wonderful weekend.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amy, Your garden containers are all beautiful. These ideas will be useful for next spring. Thanks for sharing and I hope you're having a delightful summer. Joan-My Cookie Clinic

    ReplyDelete

PRIVACY POLICY: I will never share your email information with others. I use your email to respond to your comments on my blog, or to interact socially with you.