Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

I want to go everywhere I haven't been, and back to everywhere I have been.

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Super-Easy Frittata Muffins (aka, the "Frittuffin")

Super Easy Frittata Muffins - There's the cronut, the brookie, and now the "Frittufin" -- a frittata in a muffin tin! Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

How do you like to keep cozy in winter?

Sit by the fireplace?
Wear a fuzzy bathrobe?
Wrap yourself in one of those snuggly body wraps?
Stuff yourself with comfort food?

Super Easy Frittata Muffins - There's the cronut, the brookie, and now the "Frittufin" -- a frittata in a muffin tin! Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

My personal preference is to stuff myself silly with comfort food, 
while wearing a fuzzy bathrobe, and sitting in front of a fireplace 
(preferably one that's lit, of course).
I do draw the line with the body wrap thing, however.
It kind of reminds me of a straight jacket, and my fear is that once I put it on,
I won't be able to get it off.  
Plus, that would make it one step easier for my family to commit me.
They already think I'm nuts...
I don't need to enable them, do I? 

Super Easy Frittata Muffins - There's the cronut, the brookie, and now the "Frittufin" -- a frittata in a muffin tin! Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

All of my willpower seems to go out the window when the thermometer plummets,
and it takes a lot more to satisfy me, especially for breakfast.
In the summer, I'm content with a smoothie  and a bagel,
but in winter, I crave something warm, like a bowl of oatmeal, 
or a stack of pancakes, or a cheesy omelette. 

Super Easy Frittata Muffins - There's the cronut, the brookie, and now the "Frittufin" -- a frittata in a muffin tin! Ms. Toody Goo Shoes
I was looking for something different to make for breakfast, 
and I came across some recipes for mini frittatas. 
Spinach and Cheese Egg Muffins from Simply Stacie 
fit the bill for what I had in mind.
 Influenced by the popularity of Cronuts...and Brookies and Crookies and Cruffins, (oh my!)...
I am calling my version the Frittuffin, LOL...
a mini frittata in a muffin tin. 

I filled my Frittuffin (catchy, isn't it?) with spinach, mushrooms, 
turkey bacon and cheddar cheese.
I did leave the veggies out of a few of them,
 hoping they would appeal to Junior Goo Shoes (they did!).

Super Easy Frittata Muffins - There's the cronut, the brookie, and now the "Frittufin" -- a frittata in a muffin tin! Ms. Toody Goo Shoes
 What's nice is that you can pretty much use whatever you have on hand...
any kind of veggie, or cheese, bacon or sausage...
The key is to chop everything extra-small, since each frittata is the size of a muffin.
You wouldn't want to find a whole mushroom or half a sausage in one little muffin, would you? 

Super Easy Frittata Muffins - There's the cronut, the brookie, and now the "Frittufin" -- a frittata in a muffin tin! Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

The best part is, they can be assembled in advance, and cooked just before serving.
Leftovers can be popped into the microwave and re-heated. 

Super Easy Frittata Muffins - There's the cronut, the brookie, and now the "Frittufin" -- a frittata in a muffin tin! Ms. Toody Goo Shoes


What would you fill your "Frittuffins" with?

Super Easy Frittata Muffins - There's the cronut, the brookie, and now the "Frittufin" -- a frittata in a muffin tin! Ms. Toody Goo Shoes


You may also like:

Kale and Tomato Frittata - Ms. Toody Goo Shoes #frittata
Kale and Tomato Frittata

29 comments:

  1. No carbs. . .great! I've pinned this one to try. Looks delicious! xx ~ Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. They would have to be filled with LOTS of sausage or other meat for my boys to eat them. Or I'd be accused of trying to make them eat quiche!! Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! Perfect, I need easy recipes as I'm very late in my school work - too much time in front of the TV with a numb mind last week - and I have no time for complicated recipes. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have that same problem! I have no willpower in the Winter. Comfort foods are best, sitting next to a fire. Your family must love you for all the great foods you make. Those muffins look yummy! I wish I had some right now for breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those sound just delicious, Amy. YUM!!! I like the fact you can prepare them ahead, too. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look delicious - and I could make them vegetarian too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Comfort food is the only way to get through the cold miserable days of winter and this recipe looks like a must. Thank you for your comment on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm all about comfort food! Your recipe looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. They look delicious so I've pinned it, thinking I can make them up one day to refrigerate for an early easy breakfast for my husband, and late breakfast for me.

    I cooked breakfast for 40 years and now think it's time for him to cook for the next 40!

    You manage to make me chuckle before each recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love their muffins !!!!!!!!!!! I would like to eat RIGHT NOW !!! love greetings from angie from Germany

    ReplyDelete
  11. HA! I am reading this in pj's early ( long day ) WITH my Fashion Accent of BIG WARM FUZZY BATHROBE.

    Bring on the muffins :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. These muffins sound delicious! If you had a spare moment, I would be delighted if you'd drop this (and anything else you'd like to share) by at the #PureBlogLove DIY and recipe link party! You can find me here: http://picnicnz.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
  13. All I can say is YUM!!! Your catchy name is just perfect. I love that you can make them up ahead of time.
    I'm off tomorrow, can't wait to give these a try!
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Ms Toody! Gosh they look good...drooling here! I found you quite some time ago and have been following for a while. I'm launching my Five Star Frugal linky party today, focusing on elegant living on a shoestring, and I'd be honoured if you would share your lovely post there. Happy Blogging New Year.. Mimi xxx
    http://atrayofbliss.blogspot.com.au/2015/01/the-five-star-frugal-link-up-premiere.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. These sound great. Just the sort of thing for a big, fussy family - you know, where one likes cheese and bacon, and one likes veggies and cheese and another likes onions and mushrooms - you get the picture. It would be easy to individualize. This looks like a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  16. These look yummy and thanks for sharing. I too have a recipe for potato frittata on my blog. Happy Friday.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is great and would make a great freezer breakfast on the go! Thank you for this great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this recipe and may try it tomorrow for Saturday Brunch... Love your blog and am your new follower. Meeting through the Tray of Bliss...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yum!!! I could eat seven or eight of those babies! Maybe all if no one is around :) Thanks for sharing the recipe - xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yay low carb! I love to make frittatas ... tomatoes, spinach, feta, sausage, SO MANY possibilities! Yum. Happy New Year -- Cass

    ReplyDelete
  21. EEEEYUMMMM! I love these and haven't made them in ages. So handy to grab on your way out the door or whilst in a bathrobe or fuzzy pjs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I can't believe how creative you are. Muffinized fritattas! YUM. Thanks so much for sharing at The Weekend Social. By my choice, this is the last TWS I'm cohosting. Please stop by http://www.kitchendreaming.com to link up Thursday 9:00 PM EST. Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love frittatas and muffin frittata are a brilliant idea! How perfect for a brunch or holiday breakfast! Thank you for joining us at #purebloglove. We look forward to having you every Thursday at 8 PM, EST through Sunday night. ~Cydnee

    ReplyDelete
  25. Looks delicious! Thanks for linking up with Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  26. These look so cute and delicious! I love making frittatas and it is such a fun idea to make them muffin size! I'm co-hosting the Let's Get Real Friday Party this week and you are my featured blogger! I hope you will join the party again this week, link up starts at 5pm EST at http://joylovefood.com/lets-get-real-friday-party-74/

    ReplyDelete
  27. These look great for any time of the day, packed with veggies and protein. I assume they will last for a couple of days in the fridge. Perfect as a snack too!

    ReplyDelete
  28. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

PRIVACY POLICY: I will never share your email information with others. I use your email to respond to your comments on my blog, or to interact socially with you.