Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

I want to go everywhere I haven't been, and back to everywhere I have been.

Tuesday, October 18, 2016

FALL TABLE ESCAPE



Fall Tablescape - Ms. Toody Goo Shoes


So, how have you been? 

I'm fine, thanks for asking...........
I just have a lot of STUFF going on,
which explains my infrequent blog posting these last few weeks. 
Fortunately, it's all good stuff, but that doesn't mean I'm not feeling overwhelmed
a good deal of the time.


Lest you think I've had time to set this pretty table and photograph it,
I confess that these pictures were shot last fall,
but I never used them.
These days, I barely have time or energy to get food on the table, 
let alone fancy dishes, cloth napkins and a centerpiece.
In fact, the last few weeks have been defined by lots of paper plates, take-out food,
and yes, a sandwich or two eaten on sheets of paper towel.
 
I still have a lot going on here at home,
but I need a break from day-to-day stresses;
hence, I'm here for a little diversion, with a pretty tablescape. 
It's my fall table-escape, if you will. 

Fall Tablescape - Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

 I need an escape from the college application process.

Fall Tablescape - Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

I need an escape from insomnia.

Fall Tablescape - Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

I need an escape from the temptations of candy corn.

Fall Tablescape - Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

I need an escape from my bathroom scale.

Fall Tablescape - Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

And mostly, I need an escape from this election mess.

Fall Tablescape - Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

Please just wake me when it's over, and gently tell me who won.

Fall Tablescape - Ms. Toody Goo Shoes


I'm sure I need an escape from a bunch of other things, 
but what they might be.......escapes me at the moment.

I hope to be back to a more regular blogging schedule,
and visiting those of you with blogs, in the next week or two.  


LINKING WITH:
Best of the Weekend
Wow Us Wednesday
Cooking and Crafting with J & J 
Let's Get Real
Tablescape Thursday 



19 comments:

  1. Last years table or this year....still beautiful either way. Sorry you have so much going on there and that you are feeling overwhelmed. Blessings and prayers for a peaceful week. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMAO...gently wake me when it's over. Isn't that the truth. Totally cute post, love your fall decor...works well, and does beat paper plates ...and well carryout can work there also. I VOTE for.... carryout! Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  3. In this case, your 'been there, done that' pics are, indeed, TOO pretty to NOT post again! I know what it feels like to be overwhelmed, especially this past year, but, there will come a time when you will be once again setting such stunning tablescapes, only to find that you actually prefer pizza delivered to your door - straight from the cardboard box into your screaming stomach! Okay, you might want some wine in a goblet, to wash it all down, whatever.

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Amy I am right there with you with the escapes. I do not have one looking into college anymore but I do share the stresses of the others with you. Hoping for better days ahead. Sometimes the mental health breaks from the every day stress is a good thing. Wishing you a good new week.
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why do they have to make the application process so difficult?? Don't they know you have muffins to bake, tables to set, and furniture to rearrange? Not to mention that pesky corner to decorate? Geez Louise, I guess they didn't get the memo.

    Wishing you more peaceful days ahead!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing tablescape, Amy. Sets the right mood for a cozy dinner by the open fire.
    The news going round at times sound like Theatre of the Absurd. I hope you all will get through the college application well and enjoy the rest of fall.
    Warm greetings,
    Merisi

    ReplyDelete
  7. The application process is a pain....thank goodness my husband took it over and did it all!! What is it about Fall that makes us so busy? It is the month I want to savor yet I haven't even made an apple pie yet! I haven' written one post yet in October and I really haven't wanted to! I have 3 coming up at the end of the month though! I hope your busy days slow down for you so you can enjoy the extra nice weather we are having.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely table settings. I love those pumpkins. Thanks for sahring these photos. enjoy your lovely home.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope this beautiful table-escape did indeed help you "escape" as it sure did me! Such pretty colours and the dishes/accessories are gorgeous. I really like how you put the berry garland around your centerpiece. Not sure if you bought the napkins at the same time as the tablecloth but they look great together. Your photography is wonderful too. P.S. As a Canadian watching the lead up to your election, I often wonder what my American blogging friends are thinking about it...thanks for sharing your thoughts - I feel for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I saw a comment from you yesterday when I was reading Poppy's blog and I did have a moment's pause thinking I hadn't seen anything from you in quite awhile. Glad to hear all is well - just busy, insomnia and PTES (pre traumatic election stress). We came to Greece and it still isn't far enough away to avoid the PTES, but at least we get smaller doses of it. Hang in there, beautiful table setting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. All the beauty of Autumn in one table "escape" its gorgeous Amy.
    xoxo,
    Vera

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful autumnal atmosphere. I like it
    I greet warmly

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've been worried about things to come in November as well and I've been up a few nights. Your tablescape is wonderful and a wonderful reminder of home and family. I hope things settle down for you and that you will be back to blogging soon. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Amy, I love your gorgeous fall table setting. All of the colors of the dishes, tablecloth, and napkins look so pretty. I hope things will settle down for you soon. I totally enjoyed yesterday's get together. :) You are the best!
    Enjoy the weekend.
    Julie xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's so sad but true that so many of us are feeling the stress from this election and that is piled on top of our normal day in, day out worries! Can't wait for that to be over. Your beautiful tablescape is a breath of fresh, fall air.
    And it also reminds me that I have family coming for Thanksgiving. Oh dear... it's on the list. ;)
    Hope you are having a great week, Amy! xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful! Everything looks perfect for a fall meal.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your Fall table "escape" is very pretty! I can relate to needing some escapes from some of those same things. I am lucky to not have a problem with insomnia though. Probably because of some of the meds that I take on a daily basis. Many of them are "calming" meds. Beleive me, I need them! I'm over this election too. I could use an escape from menopausal symptoms. I will be glad when January gets here and the rush of the holiday madness will be over. I hate holiday madness. Ok, this was very therapeutic. What is your fee? Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  18. These all look lovely, I'm pleased you shared them.

    Take care

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

PRIVACY POLICY: I will never share your email information with others. I use your email to respond to your comments on my blog, or to interact socially with you.