Hello, friends! It's time for another installment of Favorite Things!
This week, I am excited to welcome Julie from Julie's Creative Lifestyle.
I've actually had the pleasure of meeting Julie in person a couple of times,
as we both live in the New York City area.
A sweeter blogger there isn't!
You'll find a little bit of everything on Julie's blog,
but mostly, she writes about her passions.....
crocheting and knitting, healthy cooking, crafts, makeup, books and travel.
Without further ado, here's Julie!
Hello everyone, I'm Julie from Julie's Creative Lifestyle. I'm so happy to be here as a guest blogger for Amy's new blog series Favorite Things.
I have a list of 15 of my Favorite Things and here they are:
1) My number one favorite is my rescue dog named Bosco. He will turn 9 years old on October 15th, and he is part corgi and dachshund. He is the sweetest, friendliest, and most loving dog. We rescued him when he was only 7 months old from a foster home in New Jersey, and we have loved him everyday since then.
2) One of my favorite drinks is coffee, especially cappuccino's, latte's, Dunkin' Donuts, and Starbucks. We buy our Starbucks coffee beans from Costco, so that I can enjoy a cup of it everyday.
3) BOOKS - I recently read the book The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins. I loved reading this thriller and I enjoyed picking it out from our local library.
4) I enjoy reading magazines when I have time, and my favorite right now is Southern Living Magazine.
5) Going to the beach is one of my favorite things to do during the summer. This beach is in Malibu, California and I photographed it last year, while we were dining at Nobu restaurant.
6) Summer is my favorite season, and I love visiting my Mom and swimming in her beautiful pool.
7) Fall is another favorite season of mine, and I like visiting the farms to gather pumpkins, mums, fresh fruit pies, and apples.
8) I love any and all kinds of makeup, and my favorite store to buy it in is Sephora. My favorite lipstick and lipliner is from m.a.c. cosmetics.
9) One of my favorite things to do in the summer is visit the The Metropolitan Museum of Art. Last year I visited the China Through the Looking Glass Exhibit, and this year I saw the Manus X Machina - Fashion in an Age of Technology Exhibit. I had a great time visiting both, and I liked looking at the fashion. I look forward to visiting the museum again next year.
10) I enjoy eating out at different restaurants in our neighborhood and in the city. We recently had lunch out with friends at a local restaurant and I ordered the seafood risotto. The dish was filled with a variety of seafood, shrimp, mussels, and scallops with risotto that was so delicious.
11) Yarn is another favorite and I like using it to knit and crochet different projects, such as scarves, potholders, and blankets. I usually make everything to donate to our church holiday fair or for gifts for family members.
12) I occasionally enjoy eating different sweets such as donuts, pie, and my favorite is brownies.
13) Avocado toast has got to be my favorite go to for lunch. You take bread and toast it, then add mashed avocado to the toast and add sliced tomatoes on top, add olive oil with some salt and pepper. That's how easy it is to make and it's healthy and tastes so good.
14) I love all sorts of flowers, such as succulents, geraniums, roses, sunflowers, and mums to name a few.
15) Traveling is one of my all time favorite things to do. This summer we took a family vacation to Hawaii. We visited Honolulu and Maui, and I loved sightseeing, and the pretty palm trees, beaches, and food.
I hope you all enjoyed reading some of my favorite things and maybe some of these are your favorites too.
Thanks again Amy for inviting me to be a guest blogger for your readers.
Please pop on over to Julie's blog to say hello!
Favorite Things will be back again on October 16!