Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

I want to go everywhere I haven't been, and back to everywhere I have been.

Tuesday, June 20, 2017

PHOTOS FROM THE LAST FEW WEEKS


Photo Diary | Ms Toody Goo Shoes


How goes your first half of June?

It's been incredibly hectic around here,
with mostly good stuff.......and.......some not-so-great stuff, 
but I will stick to only happy things in this post.

I guess you could call this my "photo-stream-of-consciousness" 
from the last few weeks.


My friend's daughter got married over Memorial Day Weekend.  I know this friend since I'm nine years old. She lived down the street from me, and we were inseparable. What a joy to attend her daughter's wedding!


Photo Diary | Ms Toody Goo Shoes


The wedding was at a spectacular venue in NJ. Did you spot the bride and groom in the center of the photo, below?

Photo Diary | Ms Toody Goo Shoes


As soon as he saw me coming with the camera, Mr. Squirrel covered his face. Is he just camera shy, or is there a reason he doesn't want his face plastered all over the internet? 
He looks guilty, if you ask me.

Photo Diary | Ms Toody Goo Shoes


After a cool, rainy May, I was chomping at the bit to buy summer flowers. Do you have a plan for what flowers to buy before you get to the nursery, or do you figure it out when you get there? I go with a plan, but never stick to it.

Photo Diary | Ms Toody Goo Shoes


Flower pots on the front porch were the first to be tackled.

Photo Diary | Ms Toody Goo Shoes


It doesn't feel like summer until the herbs are planted.

Photo Diary | Ms Toody Goo Shoes


Double Jay Jay.

Photo Diary | Ms Toody Goo Shoes


A few shots of my summer plantings........

Photo Diary | Ms Toody Goo Shoes


Photo Diary | Ms Toody Goo Shoes


Photo Diary | Ms Toody Goo Shoes


To be filed under Strange Things: One morning, this bird was pecking at the screen in the living room, desperate to get my attention. I got the feeling it was someone I once knew.

Photo Diary | Ms Toody Goo Shoes


Potato salad on hot dogs -- yay or nay?  The only other people I know who eat them this way are from the town I grew up in, because that's how the local kosher deli served them. To this day, there is no better way to eat a frankfurter, IMHO.

Photo Diary | Ms Toody Goo Shoes


Last summer, a pretty purple-flowered vine started growing out of nowhere. When it came back again this year, I looked it up. Turns out, it's called Bittersweet Nightshade (or Deadly Nightshade), and is classified in some places as a "weed of concern." The berries are toxic, so we've got to keep Sadie away from it. Sure is pretty, though, and the bees like it. 

Photo Diary | Ms Toody Goo Shoes


"I don't feel so good."
"I told you, darling starling, to pace yourself when it comes to seed."


Photo Diary | Ms Toody Goo Shoes


Okay, I'll admit it. When I looked at the school website and saw "Make-Up Day" listed, I truly thought it was a cosmetics event, until I realized it was the date to make up tests. Fortunately, I verbalized that to no one. Except you..

Photo Diary | Ms Toody Goo Shoes


A rite of passage -- SENIOR PROM! It was a whirl-wind of pre-prom pictures at three different houses. Junior GS looked so handsome, and his date looked beautiful.

Photo Diary | Ms Toody Goo Shoes


New York City flower shop on Broadway and 79th Street.

Photo Diary | Ms Toody Goo Shoes


High school graduation! We're so proud of Junior Goo Shoes! Toss those caps into the air!



A graduation party for Junior GS and 35 of his friends in our backyard. As luck would have it, it literally started pouring the minute they arrived, and stopped the minute they left. The kids lasted under the tent for about an hour, before they came inside. I'd rather not think about the cost-per-hour of the tent.




Till next time.........


7 comments:

  1. I'm laughing at a few things in this post Amy, not the least of which was 'make up day'. I totally get where you were coming from, but isn't it funny how far removed we are from things like school and it's nomaclature? Something like that happened to me recently, but I actually blurted out what I *thought* it was. lol

    The venue looks so pretty, and the day also looks like it wasn't raining! Yay! Where was it held?

    Fisherman eats hot dogs like that. I personally have never tried it. I go old school...mustard and relish for me :).

    I can't believe what happened with the weather for your party! Sometimes don't you just want to bitch slap Mother Nature?

    Hope all is well!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to Jr on his graduation! I have never had a hot dog that way, but where I grew up in Memphis, they put coleslaw on their BBQ sandwiches and that is amazing. I am guessing that potato salad on a hot dog is somewhat similar and delicious!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun post! Pretty flowers! I have ask my husband about the potato salad on hot dog...it sounds like something he would eat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the graduation. Sorry it rained for the party. When it comes to the weather and parties John and I have the WORST luck, not kidding.

    Pretty wedding gown. Mr. Squirrel was guilty as sin, LOL.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Many congratulations on the graduation.
    Lovely to see your collection of photographs, those flowers were very pretty.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww - congrats to Jr. Gooshoes. I can feel the pride in your words and pictures. You captured some great Spring plantings and flowers pictures. We have been wondering who the bird is that has been pecking at one of our windows too these last couple of weeks??? So weird! A hot dog topped with potato salad ... I am going to try that!!! Sounds good to me. Happy first day of Summer today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such pretty photos! I loved the ones of your garden- especially the mysterious bird pecking at your screen.

    ReplyDelete

PRIVACY POLICY: I will never share your email information with others. I use your email to respond to your comments on my blog, or to interact socially with you.