Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

I want to go everywhere I haven't been, and back to everywhere I have been.

Friday, March 22, 2013

Five Favorite Fotos: Atop the Empire State Building





For many years, I had a perfect view of the Empire State Building from my office. Every night when I left work, I'd look up at it, and try to figure out what the colors represented. Sometimes, it was easy --  like green for St. Patrick's Day or pink for Breast Cancer Awareness.  My personal fave was seeing it dressed in bluewhen the NY Giants won the Superbowl in 2012! Other days, it just stumped me, and I'd google it to see what the significance was. Then there were the days that it was completely invisible -- lost in a thick cloud of fog. Like most New Yorkers, getting to the top just never seemed to fit into my plans.  Exactly two years ago, on a clear March day, it took a visit from our out-of-town niece to finally get us to the top of this iconic landmark. It was great fun acting like tourists in our own city (yes, New Jerseyans consider NY their city, too!), especially when we were asked where we were from. These are my Five Favorite Fotos from that day. 












What famous landmark do you live close to, that you have never visited?





No comments:

Post a Comment

PRIVACY POLICY: I will never share your email information with others. I use your email to respond to your comments on my blog, or to interact socially with you.