Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

I want to go everywhere I haven't been, and back to everywhere I have been.

Monday, April 21, 2014

The Faberge "Big Egg Hunt" and The Dentist



Faberge "Big Egg Hunt" NYC --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

Good Monday morning, everyone!
I hope you all had a Happy Holiday...
whether you celebrated with egg matzohs or Easter eggs.

I'm just back from a week off.
The Goo Shoes family spent Spring Break on the high seas.
More about that coming up soon.
But for now, I've got a question for you.

On the "punctuality" spectrum, where do you fall? 
Are you always early, always late or right on time?

When it comes to appointments, I like to be on time.
And if those appointments are in New York City, 
I allow myself LOTS of extra time for commuting.

Just before I left for vacation, I had a dentist appointment,
and I gave myself two hours to get in to NYC
even though it should only take 40 minutes.
One never knows, when it comes to traffic.
Turns out, I was an hour early, and it was a gorgeous day, 
so I thought I'd kill some time in Rockefeller Center,
which is close to my dentist's office.
 
Faberge "Big Egg Hunt" NYC --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes


Faberge "Big Egg Hunt" NYC --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

I was hoping to get a great photo for my April Photo Diary...
maybe of the ice skating rink...

 But that seemed so ordinary.  


Faberge "Big Egg Hunt"  NYC --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes
  

Faberge "Big Egg Hunt"  NYC --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

 I needed a NYC moment...
something unexpected...
I was just about ready to give up, 
and head to Saks Fifth Avenue.
But as I walked up the stairs towards 5th Ave... 
I was greeted by a garden of Faberge eggs!
Bingo! 
(Speaking of Bingo, I have SUCH a story to tell you,
but that has to wait for now). 

Faberge "Big Egg Hunt"  NYC --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

I had heard about Faberge's Big Egg Hunt on the news.
260 eggs are "hidden" all over NYC, and the object is to 
find the eggs by using a map on your smartphone.
The eggs were designed by artists, 
and some famous NY'ers, like Diane von Furstenberg...

Faberge "Big Egg Hunt"  NYC --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes 

and Ralph Lauren...

Faberge "Big Egg Hunt"  NYC --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

After the hunt ends on April 25, the eggs will be auctioned off, 
and the proceeds will go to charity.

Faberge "Big Egg Hunt"  NYC --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes


Faberge "Big Egg Hunt"  NYC --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

 I wandered around snapping photos for almost an hour. 


Faberge "Big Egg Hunt"  NYC --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes


Faberge "Big Egg Hunt"  NYC --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes


Faberge "Big Egg Hunt"  NYC --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

When I used to live and work in NYC, 
I would NEVER take pictures around town. 
Oh, to be mistaken for a tourist...
it would totally blow my image
of being a hip and cool New Yorker, LOL. 

Faberge "Big Egg Hunt"  NYC --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes


Faberge "Big Egg Hunt"  NYC --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

But blogging changes a person, doesn't it?
Now I'll whip that camera out 
and I don't care who thinks I'm from Nebraska. 
No offense, if you're a cornhusker.
Hey, I'm from Jersey. I shouldn't talk. 

Faberge "Big Egg Hunt"  NYC --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

Can you see me in the reflection?

Faberge "Big Egg Hunt"  NYC --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes


Hello, Humpty Dumpty! 

Faberge "Big Egg Hunt"  NYC --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

Oh, that reminds me of something.
When Junior Goo Shoes was little, 
he used to call Home Depot "Humpty Po." 
That still cracks me up!

The gardens were all decked out with tulips. 

Faberge "Big Egg Hunt"  NYC --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

Faberge "Big Egg Hunt"  NYC --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

It was a perfect pre-dental activity.

Not only did I get an awesome photo for my April Photo Diary, 
I got a whole blog post out of it!

Which egg is your favorite?
If you want to see more, 
or find out about the artists, click here.

Faberge "Big Egg Hunt"  NYC --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

I'm going into the city on Wednesday 
to meet a friend for lunch.
What do you think the chances are that I'll stumble upon 
something as egg-citing as this for my April photo diary?



Linking with:
 Metamorphosis Monday
The Sunday Showcase
The Scoop
Our World Tuesday
Treasure Box Tuesday
Let's Get Real 
Wow Us Wednesday
Wake Up Wednesday
Whimsy Wednesday
Home and Garden Thursday 
Simple and Sweet Friday 
Fabulously Creative Friday 
Ladies Only Blog Share  
Feathered Nest Friday 
Home Sweet Home
 Be Inspired

35 comments:

  1. How cool are those eggs! I love them. Nice place to go before the Dentist. Hope you enjoyed Spring break.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really fun to just happen upon them. Wish I had time to look for more throughout the city. Spring break was awesome - thanks, Debbie!

      Delete
  2. Those eggs are amazing - what a fun egg hunt!! Thanks for taking me along..... This would be a fun Spring trip for another year - hmmmmm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to take you along, Rosella! This is the first time they've had this. I think there was something similar in London last year, so check it out before you hop on a plane next spring!

      Delete
  3. How fun. I can't wait to hear about your trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The best part was just stumbling upon it! We had a really fun spring break - now I just need to find time to write about it!

      Delete
  4. Ahhh! This explains why my brother and his girlfriend took pictures next to these eggs and called it an egg hunt. I thought it was just a museum display and didn't realize the eggs were hidden in the city. They have to explain these things to us non-New Yorkers, lol! I hope you had a great trip and I can't wait to see pics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to solve that mystery for you, Jennifer! I'm guessing that Rockefeller Center is one of the few places where there were so many eggs in one spot (in one basket, LOL?) Most are scattered individually. We did have a great trip - thanks!

      Delete
  5. How neat! I don't blame you for whipping out your camera. I would think you saw others doing that as well. Those eggs are certainly creative. I always enjoy seeing your photos of NYC since I've never been there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone was taking pictures, so I just pretended to be a tourist like the rest of them! Glad you enjoyed the photos -- I hope you do get to NY, sometime soon!

      Delete
  6. I love all the eggs. I love every kind of egg. I love eggs! The cowboy one is my absolute favorite, though. It sounded like an awesome scavenger hunt...fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I hit pay dirt, since Rockefeller Center was probably one of few places where there were so many eggs in on spot. I hope I stumble upon a few more on my next visit!

      Delete
  7. They are all egg-cellent and that last one looks like chantilly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good one, Magali! Hmmm...Chantilly, yes, I can see that! That one was in a protective case, so it was pretty cool to see it's reflection from certain angles.

      Delete
  8. Fab-u-lous! I saw a similar display in London in Covent Gardens last spring. I wonder where they will end up when they are auctioned off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd heard that there was something like it in London. I wonder, too, about where they'll end up. They're pretty big, and would look silly in most NYC apartments!

      Delete
  9. I can't decide between Ralph Lauren and the egg with all the writing on it! How cool are those?! Thanks for sharing them with us! I'm glad you took the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so hard to pic a fave. I do love the one with the writing, but I think I like the first one most of all!

      Delete
  10. What IS that candy store behind the NEW YORK CITY egg? The window decor looks fantastic. Love your photos and think the Jill Rissi egg is gorgeous. Ideas for egg decorating next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree - love the Rissi egg. The candy store, Teuscher's, is a gourmet chocolate shop. The window was fabulous! I tried to get a photo, but there was too much glare. Here's the website: http://www.teuscherfifthavenue.com

      Delete
  11. The eggs are gorgeous! I need to get back into the city and get my culture on! I was the same way as you when I lived and worked in the city; I would never pull out a camera. I worked at the World Trade Center, and every day at lunch there would be tourists laying on the sidewalks trying to get a good picture of the buildings. I pitied those touristy tourists, but now I wish I had one of those pictures. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing what a day in the city does for my head...I try to get in once a week. Hope you can make it in sometime soon!

      Delete
  12. Thanks for sharing - the eggs are all beautiful. I can't pick a favorite. I love NYC...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is hard to pick a favorite, isn't it? It was so much fun to just happen upon this exhibit!

      Delete
  13. Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It was really fun to come up the stairs to such a pretty surprise!

      Delete
  14. Thanks so much for sharing all these fabulous eggs!! I have been to NYC several times but it has always been cold weather, so it was fun for me to see Rockefeller Center with spring flowers!! I love the fact that you can always run into something unexpected in NYC!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could show you NYC in the springtime. That is when I like NYC best of all. Thanks for visiting my blog!

      Delete
  15. Fun post! Now, silly, my favorite egg is the one with YOU in it, of course! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Amy,

    What an 'EGG-SITING' day in the big apple; you spotted some real gems! Each and every egg is unique, but my favourite is the colourful mosaic tiled one; it's simply stunning and reminds me more of the Faberge feel than the others.

    Yes, I like to be punctual, the good egg that I am!

    Have a wonderful week!

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my goodness, those are some great looking eggs! What fun!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. G'day! NY born and bred! Really enjoyed your post today!
    Viewed as part of #LOBS
    Cheers! Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  19. Faberge went way beyond his craft of being a goldsmith, and his inventiveness is still inspiring others!

    ReplyDelete
  20. ❤░W░O░N░D░E░R░F░U░L░❤
    ❤________________________❤
    Fabergé eggs!
    ✿Ü“✿ ♥ ✿Ü“✿
    http://retriever-kat-scrap-louisettesblogs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. This was awesome! What fun! I am delighted that you shared with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

PRIVACY POLICY: I will never share your email information with others. I use your email to respond to your comments on my blog, or to interact socially with you.