Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

I want to go everywhere I haven't been, and back to everywhere I have been.

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

World's Easiest Nutella Recipe -- and the Nutella Bar in NYC



#Nutella + Plain Yogurt = Nutella Yogurt! A very satisfying snack --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes


Do you like Nutella?
Do you like yogurt?

Well, I have invented an amazing concoction,
and I think it just may be the easiest Nutella recipe ever!

#Nutella + Plain Yogurt = Nutella Yogurt! A very satisfying snack --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

Actually, Nutella on a spoon may be the simplest recipe,
but just take it one step further...
and mix that spoonful of Nutella into some plain yogurt,
and you have got custom-made
Nutella-flavored yogurt!

#Nutella + Plain Yogurt = Nutella Yogurt! A very satisfying snack --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

I thought you might need to see the photos 
for the step-by-step preparation...
This is very complicated stuff!

#Nutella + Plain Yogurt = Nutella Yogurt! A very satisfying snack --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

I refuse to google "Nutella Yogurt", 
or look on Pinterest,
because I don't want to see 
that someone else has already thought of this.
When I come up with a great recipe,
I think it's only fair that I get to bask in the glory
of thinking I'm a culinary genius...
even if it's only in my own mind, lol.


#Nutella + Plain Yogurt = Nutella Yogurt! A very satisfying snack --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

Oh my, my, my, this is tasty!

I think you know by now
that I happen to like my Nutella.
(no, that is not the inside of my cabinet).

#Nutella + Plain Yogurt = Nutella Yogurt! A very satisfying snack --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

My friend, Beth, over at
Goodness, Gracious, Living
emailed me a couple of months ago 
to ask if I knew about the Nutella Bar in New York City.

Well, no, in fact, I did not!
This called for an investigation,
so a couple of months ago,
when I had some time to kill in Manhattan,
I headed downtown to Eataly...
an enormous upscale Italian food market... 
where the Nutella Bar is housed. 
It even has its own entrance. 

#Nutella Bar at Eataly, NYC--- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

I hadn't been to Eataly,
so this turned out to be an extra-fun excursion.
If you like to eat food...
or shop for food...
or just look at food...  
you should absolutely add this 
to your list of things to do in NYC.

But I was on a mission, 
and headed straight through,
ignoring stands of fresh mozzarella,
pasta and panini bars, and olive oil displays,
until I found what I came for. 

#Nutella Bar at Eataly, NYC--- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

Let's just say that wall-to-wall Nutella
can make a girl weak in the knees.  

#Nutella Bar at Eataly, NYC--- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

I was about to order something crazy-fattening,
like a brioche, or crepe with Nutella...
but I pulled myself together
and settled for some crusty bread with a shmear.*

#Nutella Bar at Eataly, NYC--- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

(*Translation: a "shmear" is NYC deli lingo meaning "spread of," 
usually in reference to cream cheese on a bagel.
"I'll have an 'everything' bagel with a shmear, please.")


 Everyone seemed to be enjoying 
their Nutella snacks.
Can't you tell by the looks on their faces, lol? 
 No, they are not extras in a horror movie, 
but I had to blur them out, since I didn't ask everyone there
if they wanted their mugs plastered all over my blog.


#Nutella Bar at Eataly, NYC--- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

The Nutella Bar is a fun NYC destination,
but it's nice to know 
that I need only go to my local supermarket
for a Nutella fix. 


Nutella would probably taste good 
 on an old shoe,
but my current fave is to mix it in yogurt.
What's your favorite way
to eat Nutella?



You may also like:

Nutella Swirl Banana Bread --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes
"Banana-tella Bread


39 comments:

  1. Hi Amy,

    NYC has such amazing places to eat and Eataly, (such a creative name!), is surely one of them. I would have had something semi-decadent, like a Nutella crepe, (or two, which I, myself, have mastered). Your Nutella yoghurt recipe looks very tasty, and I'm willing to try it, seeing that I am a recent yoghurt enthusiast, (sounds intriguing, but actually, quite foolish of me, having lived in the world's #1 producers of deliciously healthy yoghurt, which, btw, I see you consume, too, having used our FAGE TOTAL for your culinary concoction!).

    Ciao, bella!
    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took all of my self control to not order something more decadent! (Plus I had just eaten lunch!). I'm happy that you have become a yogurt convert! And, I only eat Greek yogurt...Fage is my fave! Give it a try with the Nutella, Poppy...yum!

      Delete
  2. I hadn't given nutella a try, but after seeing it has it's own bar, I HAVE to give it a try!
    I think I'll start with your creation, sounds easy and yummy, too!
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, Patti, I think it's time to give it a try! It's a nice treat every now and then, and relatively speaking, there are worse things to eat than one spoonful in fat free yogurt! Hope you like it!

      Delete
  3. I love Nutella and haven't had any in months. May have to try some in yogurt. My oh my that Nutella bar is unreal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you have been very careful about what you've been eating, but if you ever feel that you need a small treat, one spoon of Nutella isn't all that bad. With fat free yogurt, it's filling and satisfies my sweet tooth!

      Delete
  4. Oh my, a whole Nutella bar? Wow. And I would have never thought to put Nutella in yogurt so I will continue to be WOW-ed by your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was quite something, Michelle, as was the entire Eataly space. Nutella in plain yogurt is surprisingly satisfying when I have a sweet tooth!

      Delete
  5. Okay, I have to try that!! Of course it will be almond "yogurt" but I am sure it will taste as good as this looks! And the shmear, oy vey!! Thanks for the credit and the link :-)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again for letting me know about the Nutella Bar, Beth! And enjoy the "yogurt!"

      Delete
  6. I know this is going to sound like an odd question, but what does nutella taste like? I've never tried it. I've always thought it was a hazelnut chocolate blend. I'm not a fan of hazelnut. I like your idea of mixing it with yogurt though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not odd at all, Kelly. I was just at my very good friend's house, who told me she never had it, either, and basically asked the same question. It is a hazelnut chocolate blend, but the chocolate is the dominant flavor. It's the texture of creamy peanut butter. As much as I do like it, I don't eat it all that often, just as a treat once in a while. What the heck, give it a try! It's in the peanut butter aisle. You can always toss it in the garbage, but I bet your boys will love it! It's great on toast, waffles, bananas, ice cream, apples, and of course, a spoon!

      Delete
  7. I love stirring jam into plain Greek yogurt, but haven't tried Nutella. Thanks. I shared on G+

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG..A NUTELLA BAR! I would die in there eating it all! I will have to try your recipe..it sounds like HEAVEN to me! I would love for you to share at Party in Your PJs...the more nutella recipes that better!
    http://www.thecookiepuzzle.com/2014/07/party-in-your-pjs-14.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know, it was like heaven! I'm going to hop on over to your party!

      Delete
  9. Wow. That place looks like fun. I forgot about shmear! How funny. You make me laugh with the not checking Pinterest. I think that same thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was amazing, Katie! I want to go back and eat at some of the cafes inside Eataly.

      Delete
  10. This made me hungry! I can't believe I never noticed the Nutella bar at eatery! I've been twice. Maybe it's a recent addition?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Appears that you went to Nutella Heaven and back ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Amy, I always enjoy reading your posts. You are so engaging and enjoyable.
    I never heard of a Nutella Bar but sounds good to me. I will put Eataly on the list of destinations; it gets longer and longer.....
    Have a beautiful weekend. Blessings dear. Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Catherine...your kind words mean the world to me! Definitely go to Eataly!

      Delete
  13. I found Nutella when I was in Paris a couple of years ago. I wish I had never known it existed. I have tried to avoid it every since, of course, after I had emptied several jars. It is "heaven in a jar", but I can't afford the calories or the sugar. I would have to check out the Nutella bar if I made it to Manhattan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't eat it often, for the reasons you mentioned, Betty, but every now and then it makes for a nice treat! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  14. Yum yum yum! I'm going to try this as soon as I get to my hotel/home in Germany...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Uh---YUMMM! I'm totally going to make this ever simple recipe. I LOVE nutella...heavenly! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Michele, heavenly! It's a great treat, and because it's yogurt, it makes me feel less guilty :)

      Delete
  16. Thanks for coming and linking up at #The Weekend Social. Please be sure to come back next week starting Thursdays at 9PM EST on Kitchen Dreaming.com ! I hope to see you there!
    Dina@KitchenDreaming

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for hosting the parties, Dina! And thanks for the visit :)

      Delete
  17. That's an impressive store. You have a Nutella pumpkin pie? That sounds fantastic. Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Simple is great! And really, how can you go wrong with Nutella? This looks totally fabulous, and if you peruse Pinterest, you'll find it - I'm pinning.
    Thanks for sharing at Wake Up Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete

PRIVACY POLICY: I will never share your email information with others. I use your email to respond to your comments on my blog, or to interact socially with you.