Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

I want to go everywhere I haven't been, and back to everywhere I have been.

Monday, March 13, 2017

TWO WEEKS IN PHOTOS: 3.12.17

Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

"Do people still develop photos?"

That's a question my 90-year old dad asked,
when I showed him pictures of our recent Florida trip.

"Developing" photos is an alien concept to younger generations.
Even "printing" photos is foreign to them.  

 Although I take photos almost daily, 
 most of my pictures never see the light of day........
they don't end up on my blog, or in a frame, or in a photobook,
They live a quiet life on my laptop, 
and the only eyes to see the majority of them, are mine.
Sad. 😢

Rather than keep them hidden, 
I figured I'd post a few from the last couple of weeks......
a mini photo diary, if you will.
As you'll see, a fair amount of my photos are of birds,
which gives you a good idea of just how exciting life is around here sometimes. 😉 

 

Ms. Toody Goo Shoes
I took myself to lunch in Little Italy. 
The buffalo ricotta ravioli at Benito 1 was delish!
The plan was to eat instead of shop, but with no one to talk to,
I finished my meal pretty quickly, leaving time to shop, after all.
I ate, I shopped, I bought.


Ms. Toody Goo Shoes
Mr. Goo Shoes and I drove into NYC one evening,
 while "Severe Thunderstorm Warning" alerts popped up on our phones,
imploring us to stay home
It would take a lot more than that to keep us away -- 
our friend was producing his original one-act play!
We made it in, just before the heavens opened up,
and the play was terrific!


Ms. Toody Goo Shoes
I found a perfect pine cone while walking Sadie.
It was begging to be photographed. 
The top photo of this post is a macro shot.
Did you guess it was a pine cone? 


Ms. Toody Goo Shoes
The daffodils are confused.
Heck, I'm confused.
One day it's in the 60's and the next day, it snows. 
This picture was taken on March 2, and they look almost ready to bloom,
which is way early for New Jersey!
It's gotten cold (and snowed) again, so they haven't opened.
Wonder if they will, at this point.


Ms. Toody Goo Shoes
Congressman Josh Gottheimer (third from left); Senator Robert Menendez (4th from left); Governor Chris Christie (5th from left); Senator Cory Booker (at the podium), Congressman Bill  Pascrell, Jr. (partially hidden behind Senator Booker).

Anti-Semitic threats to Jewish institutions have become constant and frequent.
I'm angry, I'm sad, I'm scared.
The collective assembly of New Jersey's Senators, 
Congressional Representatives and Governor 
 at a rally at the Jewish Community Center (JCC) in a neighboring town  
showed solidarity, and made a strong statement of ZERO TOLERANCE 
for hate crimes against any religious group.
I attended to show my support.


Ms. Toody Goo Shoes
The sky at dusk had an eerie, yellowish cast.
The hawk sitting in the tree made it feel sort of Hitchcock-ian.


Ms. Toody Goo Shoes
And then, a bird flew by. 
I ran into the house in case more were on their way. 


Ms. Toody Goo Shoes
I spotted this guy as I was sitting at the kitchen table.
He sat there for awhile, generously allowing me to take a zillion photographs of him.


Ms. Toody Goo Shoes
He's giving me the hawk-eye.


Ms. Toody Goo Shoes
In all these years, I have never, EVER seen 
Mr. and Mrs. Cardinal at the bird feeder at the same time,
until last week.


Ms. Toody Goo Shoes
Crossing over the Williamsburg Bridge from Brooklyn to Manhattan, 
I captured this shot of the New York City skyline.
No, I wasn't driving!


Ms. Toody Goo Shoes
Pretty snowfall on March 10.
Even prettier when most of it melted by late afternoon.


I call this one "Blue Jay on White Snow."
Clever, I know. 

Have a great week!

LINKING WITH:
 


12 comments:

  1. Ahh, my friend. Your photos are always such an inspiration and always make me want to take a trip to NYC.
    Now... if you were in FL and did not text me I might be a little sad about that. lol
    Beautiful pictures as always. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely didn't think that was a pinecone in the first shot Amy (ok, auto correct just typed in shit instead. Good thing I caught it).

    The picture of manhattan is awesome! The sky looks so clear and blue, makes me a little homesick, but then again it's nice to be in Florida on the eve of the biggest storm up north.

    It's crazy what's going on with all the anti Semitic attacks! Never thought I'd live to see this.

    Stay warm!


    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It would have been too bad the photos had never been seen. They were good and the narrative, as always, was perfect. Good for you for going to show your support at that meeting. All that vandalism, the threats and the hate make me ill.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea to share your photos with us. They are too good to just sit in a file. I have a gazillion on my phone and computer too but not good enough to show! LOVE the sweet birdie pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pictures are beautiful...I really thought the pinecone was going to be barnacles! I know I've said this many times before, but the reason I became an avid blog reader was that I loved glimpses into real lives and real homes (while getting great ideas, of course). It is refreshing to see a post like this that feels like a throwback with the random beautiful moments of real life--there's a sad beauty even in the fact that the politicians are standing in solidarity. I like that you aren't afraid to mention the recent and horrific wave of antisemitism. It is scary and real and something we have to continue to talk about (in addition to the rampant hate of other groups bubbling up everywhere these days). I love that is mixed on with a delicious plate of pasta and an incomparable skyline. It's all so real. Terrific post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful pictures. I'm sad about recent hate crimes toward the Jewish community. I always love your photos of New York City. I can't wait to be there and to meet you in person.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous photos, Amy! I also have a billion photos of birds....that's what we do when we feed the poor little critters! We are in the midst of a crazy blizzard today, and I have a flock of what I think are Starlings on my flat feeder....I'm not sure as they have never visited me before, they must be awfully confused if they just came back North for 'spring!'

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your pictures are so nice always! It is true that we take millions of pictures and never print them. I've been intentionally trying to print my photos in the form of iPhoto books which are beautiful when done but am far, far behind in doing this. It is so sad and yes, scary, to realize the hatred in this world today. It seems we have taken many steps backwards instead of becoming more peaceful! Good for you for supporting these peaceful efforts. Take care, stay safe and keep taking pictures - you are so great at it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful photos! I love owls and when I see one I am delighted.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those pictures are lovely, so glad you shared them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad you shared these lovely pics, Amy. I would drive into NYC's Little Italy JUST for a plate of perfect pasta,
    regardless of weather conditions or if I had company or not!

    Your title, 'Blue Jay on White Snow' is genius; I am not joking!

    Poppy:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful photos, Amy! You're making me miss NYC even more. :)

    ReplyDelete

PRIVACY POLICY: I will never share your email information with others. I use your email to respond to your comments on my blog, or to interact socially with you.