Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

I want to go everywhere I haven't been, and back to everywhere I have been.

Wednesday, January 9, 2019

TRAVEL COLLAGE: GREENERY AROUND THE WORLD









Green.
 What does it make you think of?
In addition to the standard answers.......
grass, money, envy, acting in an environmentally correct manner..........
"green" will always conjure up memories of my college days.........
No, not of the ivy-covered buildings or green grass on the campus quad.
It's an odd recollection of the girl we called Green,
nicknamed as such, because she wore green clothing 
from head to toe.........Every. Single. Day. 
Her hair was green. 
Her backpack was green.
I don't know this for a fact, but rumor had it that
she only ate green foods. 
I wonder if she is still green.
Perhaps her patina has aged to a fine verdigris over the years.  

 Aside from this collegiate oddity which takes up 
valuable real estate in my fading memory bank,
 green evokes an assortment of imagery.

GREEN IS GOOD
when you've got lots of it in your wallet,
or you're living green and taking care of the planet.
A green thumb is a handy thing to have.........
and it's always nice when you're given the green light.

GREEN IS BAD
 when you're feeling green around the gills, 
or you're green with envy.
It's not good if you've got gangrene,
or your team is "Gang Green."
 The Greenhouse effect is bad, 
and so is being bitten by green flies.
And if someone serves you green eggs and ham, with green jello for dessert, 
well, that's grounds for unfriending, in my humble opinion. 

Unless, of course, those friends are
FAMOUS GREENS
like Al Green, Ann of Green Gables.
Cee Lo Green, Green Day, the Green Goddess
and perhaps the greenest of them all.......
 that Muppet who claims "It's Not Easy Bein' Green".

When you're in trouble, it's nice to have some 
SUPER-POWERED GREENS  
on your side, like the Green Hornet,
the Green Lantern, the Jolly Green Giant, or the Green Berets.

I could go on and on.......about TASTY GREENS,
such as fried green tomatoes, green smoothies,
Green Mountain coffee and green tea........
 MUSICAL GREENS like Green Eyed Lady, 
Green Tambourine, My Green-Eyed Girl,
and God Didn't Make Little Green Apples.
But, I think you get my (green) drift. 

What I really want to talk about are GREEN PLACES.........
No, not Green Acres, or a putting green, or The Green Mile..........
Not "My Valley" (How green was it?),
 or Greenport, Greener Pastures, Bowling Green, Green Bay, or Greenland.
 And.......not "The Other Side" (where the grass is always greener).

I'm talking about beautiful, peaceful green places around the world......
Green eye candy, if you will. 
When I'm feeling stressed, I mentally transport myself
 back to one of these serene spots, 
for a dose of Nature's Xanax.
It's addictive in the best possible way!

Keukenhof Gardens, outside of Amsterdam, in The Netherlands is a glorious place to spend a day | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes
Keukenhof Gardens, outside of Amsterdam, in The Netherlands



I'd love to make a stop at this Coconut hut in Maui, Hawaii!| Ms. Toody Goo Shoes
Roadside coconut hut in Maui, Hawaii



Magnolia Plantation outside of Charleston, South Carolina is a must see! | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes
Magnolia Plantation outside of Charleston, South Carolina



Dr. Sun Yat-Sen Gardens, in Vancouver, Canada is a peaceful oasis | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes
Dr. Sun Yat-Sen Gardens, Vancouver, Canada



The Royal Palms Hotel in Phoenix, Arizona is a great place to de-stress! | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes
Royal Palms Hotel, Phoenix, Arizona



A tranquil spot in the Mala Strana section of Prague | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes
Mala Strana section of Prague, Czech Republic



Could there be a more inviting entrance than the Ralph Lauren Shop in East Hampton, NY? | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes
Ralph Lauren Shop in East Hampton, NY



Kiawah Island, South Carolinia is a nature-lover's sanctuary. | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes
Kiawah Island, South Carolina



The Pond at Gapstow Bridge in NYC is an oasis in the middle of the city | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes
Gapstow Bridge in Central Park, New York, NY



Which of these green oases speaks to you?






13 comments:

  1. Gree-- I mean Great post! You know how a word said over and over starts to look and sound odder than it really is? It started happening with green. Next time you are in Florida check out McKee Gardens-- absolutely stunning place to take green and flowered pictures, especially if you walk all the way to the back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think people in cities are craving green. The asphalting of our world is making it a hotter and more stressful place, with nowhere but these oases for the eye to rest. So people are buying houseplants, and trying to eat lunch in the nearest park. I’m lucky (well it cost me a bunch to move here) to live in a small rural community, but with green comes danger, here, of bushfires, elsewhere of typhoons, or raining every day.
    Hehe, yesterday I started a post on blue...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow love them all. You have been some really wonderful places. Have a great new week ahead.
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  4. They all look pretty wonderful but I'd have to go with the magnolia plantation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all of these places and photos of green. I especially love the photo of Maui and enjoyed my vacation there and also Central Park. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That first picture in the Netherlands is idyllic and makes me want to be there in person taking it all in. I love your play on all the Greens!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's hard to pick a favorite, as the different seasons make an impact on the greens, but that Vancouver Asian garden and that RL Hamptons shop both speak to my love of green!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not a cop out, but all these shots speak to me. Some I’ve seen, some I want to see.

    Which is YOUR fav?

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, Doreen, do I have to answer? Each one has memories attached, but I guess if I must answer, I'd say the gardens at Magnolia Plantation. It was one of the most tranquil places I've ever seen. I still can conjure up that peaceful feeling when I look at the picture.

      Delete
  9. Ah, I can see myself at Magnolia Plantation too. Something about the trees down south. They're always looking elegant to me with their dripping green and I think history down south intrigues me. Maybe it gives me a sense of calm and relaxation.

    You're the master with your words.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the gardens at Magnolia Plantation. Beautiful images, Amy.
    When WI finally bursts into spring here after a long winter it is green, green, green.
    My kids swear that the only things I have in my closet that aren't black are green...they're crazy...I have olive and emerald and so on. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  11. Surprise! Guess who's been featured at BOTW? Both of us chose comforting things during winter this week, by accident. https://www.b4andafters.com/the-best-of-the-weekend-link-party-jan18/

    ReplyDelete

PRIVACY POLICY: I will never share your email information with others. I use your email to respond to your comments on my blog, or to interact socially with you.