Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

I want to go everywhere I haven't been, and back to everywhere I have been.

Thursday, May 21, 2020

FEELING BLUE: AROUND THE WORLD





Have you been feeling blue? 

 I still can't seem to wrap my head around the fact that

The 
Entire 
World 
Has 
Stopped.

So yeah, depending on the day, 
I might be feeling a bit down in the dumps. 

I have no right to complain.
In fact, I count my blessings every day.
My family is healthy.
We can pay our bills.
We have more than enough food.
Being quarantined in the comfort of our own home isn't the worst thing in the world.

But speaking of the WORLD......
my mind can't help wondering.......

Will 

ever
 be
 able 
to 
TRAVEL
 again?

🌍 🌎 🌏 🌍 🌎 🌏 🌍 🌎 🌏

This isn't a "woe is me" post.
Oh, no.
No woe. 
There are bigger things to worry about, I know.
Although......
It happens to be where my mind tends to go
when I'm feeling low.  

So yes, this post is about feeling blue, 
but not in a "boo-hoo" way.

It's a happy collection of "blues" from around the world!

🌍 🌎 🌏 🌍 🌎 🌏 🌍 🌎 🌏
 


 🔷  EUROPE & ASIA 🔷


The Blue Grotto is one of the top attractions in Capri, Italy.

The Blue Grotto is one of the top attractions in Capri, Italy | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes



The views in Oia, on the island of Santorini in Greece will take your breath away.

The views in Oia, Greece will take your breath away  | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes


The Abbey in Durnstein, Austria welcomes visitors to its shores along the Danube River.

The Abbey in Durnstein, Austria welcomes visitors to its shores along the Danube. | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes


Pinocchio Park in Tuscany, Italy is a great place to take the kids.

Pinocchio Park in Tuscany, Italy is a great place to take the kids  | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes


The interior of the Spanish Synagogue in Prague is exquisite.

The interior of Spanish Church in Prague is not to be missed. | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes


The Blue Lagoon is one of Iceland's top attractions.

The Blue Lagoon is one of Iceland's top tourist attractions | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes


Ashkenzi Ha 'Ari Synagogue in Safed, Israel is known for its colorful ark.

Ashkenzi Ha 'Ari Synagogue in Safed, Israel is known for its colorful ark. | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes


Bicycles aren't just for riding in Amsterdam.

 Bicycles aren't just for riding in Amsterdam | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes


The beaches in Sorrento, Italy are dotted with colorful umbrellas, chairs and cabanas.

The beaches in Sorrento, Italy are dotted with colroful umbrellas and cabanas.| Ms. Toody Goo Shoes



Al fresco dining at a local taverna in Santorini, Greece is one of life's simple pleasures.

Al fresco dining in Santorini, Greece is one of life's simple pleasures. | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes




🔷 NEW YORK 🔷


The Radio City Christmas Spectacular featuring the world-famous Rockettes is one of the top attractions in New York City during the holiday season.

The Radio City Christmas Spectacular is one of the top attractions in New York City during the holiday season | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes


The bucolic North Fork of Long Island in New York is the polar opposite of the glitzy Hamptons.

The bucolic North Fork of Long Island in New York is the polar opposite of the glitzy Hamptons | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes


Exploring New York City by bicycle is a unique way to see the sights. 

Exploring New York City by bike is a unique way to see the sights | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes


Bryant Park's holiday pop-up shops in New York City is a must-see when visiting the city in winter.

Bryant Park's holiday pop-up shops in New York City is a must-see  when visiting the city in winter | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes




🔷 AROUND THE UNITED STATES 🔷


The beaches on Kiawah Island, South Carolina are among the most beautiful in the world.

The beaches on Kiawah Island in South Carolina are among the most beautiful in the world | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes


Seeing Hawaii by helicopter offers birds' eye views of the islands.

Seeing Hawaii by helicopter offers unique views of the islands | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes


It's a must to stop into a candy shop when visiting Charleston, South Carolina for some sweet treats.

Stop into a candy shop when visiting Charleston, SC for sweet treats! | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes


Visit the unique and colorful Gingerbread Cottage village in Oak Bluffs on Martha's Vineyard in Massachusetts.

Visit the Gingerbread Cottage village in Oaks Bluffs on Martha's Vineyard | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes



The St. Regis Hotel in Bahia Beach, Puerto Rico is one of the most beautiful resorts in the world.

The St. Regis Hotel in Bahia Beach in Puerto Rico is one of the most beautiful resorts in the world | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes


Go on a treasure hunt in Charleston, South Carolina to see how many colorful doors you can find.

Go on a treasure hunt in Charleston, SC to see how many colorful doors you can find | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes




🔷 NEW JERSEY 🔷


Madam Marie's on the boardwalk in Asbury Park was made famous by Bruce Springsteen's song, 4th of July (aka Sandy). 

Madam Maries on the boardwalk in Asbury Park was made famous by Bruce Springsteen'| Ms. Toody Goo Shoes



Fun souvenirs can be found on the boardwalk in Asbury Park.

Fun souvenirs can be found on the boardwalk in Asbury Park w  | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes


Asbury Lanes in Asbury Park is not your grandma's bowling alley.

Asbury Lanes in Asbury Park is not your typical bowling alley  | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes




🔷 FLORIDA 🔷


Unusual and beautiful birds can be sighted at Wakodahatchee Wetlands in Delray Beach.

Beautiful birds can be seen at Wakodahatchee Wetlands in Delray Beach, Florida | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes


How many times have you been to the Magic Kingdom in Orlando's DisneyWorld?

How many times have you been to the Magic Kingdom in Florida's Disneyworld? | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes


The blue glass dining table in our apartment Somewhere in South Florida reminds me of the sea. 

My blue glass table from Mitchell Gold - Bob WIlliams is perfect for a beach house | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes  #mitchellgoldbbobwilliams


Pretty peacocks walk around freely on the grounds of Flamingo Gardens in Davie/Fort Lauderdale.

There aren't just flamingos at Flamingo Gardens in Florida! | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes #flamingogardens

I hope you're now feeling blue.......but in a good way!





13 comments:

  1. I think we all feel like you Amy. Will this ever end and can we ever get back to our normal lives. Let's hope so. I have my ups and down days too. This feeling of limbo and fear and precautions does get depressing. Love all your pretty pics. I am trying to plant my flowers and work on the yard to keep me active and having something to do that feels a little normal for me.
    Have a great day.
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m sure there are very few people on earth who don’t have their ups and downs. For those who have lost loved ones and/or their livelihood, I’m sure it’s devastating and certainly life changing. All we can do is count our blessings and help others when possible.

    I’m assuming you’ve been to all the places you showcased? That’s quite impressive, and I suppose if international travel has to be curtailed for a while we can take comfort in the fact we’ve both seen our fair share of what’s out there, though like you not nearly as much as I had hoped. I’m predicting RV sales will skyrocket, as people will rethink how and where they travel and keep it a little more local.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful blues, Amy. I would be happy to just be able to travel beyond Kroger and WalMart for my clicklist at this point. WV is opening up, and this weekend allows dining in at 50% capacity, AND booze sales. I doubt seriously that people will adhere to the guidelines. I have gone to our antique mall this week (it reopened 5/11). Staff & dealers wear masks, and if customers come in without, our mgt has purchased paper masks to provide for safety of the staff (since those customers obviously don't care). Everyone has their lists of what's weird, so I won't bore you, but can't even imagine what it's like near and around NYC. Stay well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, blue is my all time favorite color so I just LOVED this post! I sure hope we all get to travel again soon... I miss even just feeling like I can plan a vacation never mind actually go on one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous blues, Amy! I loved seeing the Santorini ones especially since my mother was there once on a glorious trip with her sister. You must miss the opportunities for photographing these beautiful sights. I'm sure it was an important way that you carried memories of your travels back home with you. If only we could know WHEN things would be normal again! I'm guessing not for another year or two but is even that optimistic? And like Doreen above, I'm guessing that travelers will be seeing a lot more in their own country. Our son and his family will be returning to Kiawah Island in June as it's a favorite of theirs. They had been invited to a wedding of a friend living in Spain this summer--before, before, before....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know exactly what you mean. I so wanted to be in England this fall. And maybe a side trip to Paris. Now I'm worried about going to Cleveland for a September wedding. Loved all the blue -- and yes, we ARE all a little bit blue. I think I photographed that same house on the Vineyard, one of my favorite places in all the world. And Greece -- Oh, when you said blue, I knew there would be Greece. I've never been but ever photo takes my breath away!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have visited so many beautiful places around the world. I love seeing all of that pretty blue. Yes, me too I am wondering when we will be able to travel without any fear is getting sick. I am glad you are ok. Take care and be safe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous blues! I would love to have the blues in Greece...on top of my bucket list of places I want to go. Oh, this crazy pandemic has put such a huge wrench in your traveling fun! I hope it opens up for you soon. The only places I travel these days is vicariously through your blog 😍

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful collection you shared with us. I know you have been to many places around the world.

    We all feel this way. I also feel blessed that we are safe and have no food worries.

    I'm going to contact my MS doctor Tuesday about my infusion coming up in July. I'm ready to go, I want my medicine. Masks are ready.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Amy, You're not alone as the blues hit me often during this difficult time. I miss socializing with friends and hugging my siblings, nieces & nephews. Although, this too shall pass. Thanks for sharing these beautiful 'blue' photos. Take care, Joan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Blue can be such a great colour :)

    I enjoyed your post, the places, the pictures … thank you.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic photos, Amy. I wonder when we'll be able to travel again.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a lovely collection of photographs. Thank you for taking me along on a blue journey. Have a blessed and beautiful day.

    ReplyDelete

PRIVACY POLICY: I will never share your email information with others. I use your email to respond to your comments on my blog, or to interact socially with you.