Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

I want to go everywhere I haven't been, and back to everywhere I have been.

Saturday, December 5, 2020

NEW RULES: VIEWING THE ROCKEFELLER CHRISTMAS TREE IN 2020

 

Yes, you can visit the Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree in 2020 - but you need to know the "New Rules. _ Ms. Toody Goo Shoes"

Note: Photos in this post are from my archives. 

If you've been wondering if you can visit
the Rockefeller Center Christmas tree this year,
while the pandemic continues to rear its ugly Covid- head,
the answer is YES.
 
But.......you'll have to know the *New Rules* before you go.
 
There will be no selfies in front of the tree 
with you and 25 of your Besties.......
 
And, no dilly-dallying trying to get the perfect Instagram-worthy picture.

That said, it will still be fun to go, if you can.
In fact, it might be a very good idea to see the tree this year, 
as city streets are likely to be less crowded than usual.



Yes, you can visit the Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree in 2020 - but you need to know the "New Rules. _ Ms. Toody Goo Shoes


This year's tree is  a 75-footer dressed in 50,000 LED lights,
and topped with a 900-pound star made of three million Swarovski crystals.
It will hold its stately position in Rockefeller Center through early January, 
and will be lit from 6:00am to midnight every day.

Yes, you can visit the Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree in 2020 - but you need to know the "New Rules. _ Ms. Toody Goo Shoes



Perhaps the most interesting.......and in fact, 
the very first ornament to decorate this tree 
was a tiny saw-whet owl  discovered nestled in the branches 
by a worker who was setting up the tree.
I imagine he said, "Hoooooo's that?" 
upon  spotting the scared, wide-eyed, feathered creature.

"Rocky" the owl, (short for "Rockefeller,"
the name given to the unwitting social media sensation),
was a stow-away on the 170-mile ride from Oneonta, NY to New York City. 
She was in pretty bad shape after that journey,
but thankfully, has been released back into the wild 
after receiving care at a rehabilitation center.


Yes, you can visit the Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree in 2020 - but you need to know the "New Rules. _ Ms. Toody Goo Shoes
 

If you are planning a visit to the world's most iconic Christmas tree,  
be sure to read  the rules, below.
 
If you're not visiting, enjoy the photos (from prior years),
and hum a little Jingle Bells to help get you in the holiday spirit.  


🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄
 THINGS TO KNOW WHEN VISITING 
THE ROCKEFELLER CHRISTMAS TREE  IN 2020

🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄


Tree viewing entrances are located only on 49th and 50th Streets,  between 5th and 6th Avenues.
 
There will be no vehicular traffic permitted on these streets.
 
49th and 50th Streets between 5th and 6th Avenues are the only  dedicated viewing areas. 
 
Lines will be managed by virtual queuing.  Guests can scan a QR code to see wait time, and receive an SMS letting them know to return to the line.
 
Viewing time will be limited to 5 minutes. 
 
Masks are required and social distancing will be enforced.
 
Guests will be grouped in pods of four people. Groups with more than four people will be separated into two pods.
 
The plaza where the tree is actually located will be closed to the public, as will the Channel gardens. However, shops and restaurants will be open, and accessible from 49th and 50th Streets.
 
The skating rink can be accessed from 49th Street between 5th and 6th Avenues. 
 
 Yes, you can visit the Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree in 2020 - but you need to know the "New Rules. _ Ms. Toody Goo Shoes
 
 
That's it.........you're good to go, if you so choose.


Yes, you can visit the Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree in 2020 - but you need to know the "New Rules. _ Ms. Toody Goo Shoes
 
 
Yes, it will be strange to not share the experience with throngs of other people,
but such are the ways of 2020.
On the bright side, no strangers will get in the way of your photos,
so there's that!

Yes, you can visit the Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree in 2020 - but you need to know the "New Rules. _ Ms. Toody Goo Shoes
 
 
And........while you're in the neighborhood,
check out some of my recommendations for 
 
I can't be positive,
but I'm pretty sure most of the holiday sights on my list 
will be as they always are, albeit with some access restrictions. 
Seeing the outdoor sights might just be the perfect way 
to soak up some holiday cheer, 
while staying safe and adhering to Covid guidelines.

 

Happy Holidays!




 

17 comments:

  1. Hello Amy, you took such beautiful photos from the past of the Christmas tree. It sure is a different way to see the tree this year! I'm happy I was able to be in the city last year to see the tree! Today was the first time I was in the city since March. Tribeca wasn't busy and I did enjoy myself even if the weather wasn't as nice as I wanted it to be. Hope you have a happy and safe holiday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing the beautiful photos of that amazing tree. I didn't know of it, but it would be great to see in real time, but I will be happy with your photos as here in Australia we are not going anywhere overseas for a while. In fact, many Australians that are overseas are waiting on flights to get back home for Christmas. What a disaster for everyone. Hope you have a Merry Christmas and a safe and happy new year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The tree each year is so beautiful. I loved the story this year of the sweet little Rocky owl found in the tree. Kind of how the world is going and it was a nice sweet story to a year that has not been kind. Happy Hanukkah to you and your family. Enjoy the weekend. xoxo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your photos are gorgeous, Amy. I know how much you love New York City so I can feel how all of this is very bittersweet for you. I loved reading the news about the owl, it's precious! Maybe it has a deeper meaning. ;-D

    We haven't been to downtown Chicago in ages. It makes us miss all the times we said we were too tired or not in the mood. Well, that's true for everything. right now.

    Sending a hug for better times ahead. Happy holidays, my friend. 😘

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the beautiful photos, I almost feel like I'm there. I wish you and America a Blessed New Year

      Delete
  5. Wow, I didn't know the star was so heavy! Here's hoping for a better 2021!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't been to see the Rockefeller Christmas tree in ages and ages. My grandmother and I used to head into the city each Christmas season to see a show, do some shopping, and enjoy the sights.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aren't you glad you traveled and photographed things like the Christmas tree? I am spending a lot of time looking back at travel photos and thinking how special those times were, I knew it at the time but didn't appreciate it as much as I do now. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such beautiful photos. Thanks for sharing them. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice that you went.. we haven't gone to see the tree in years.. It was nice to see it through your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Covid is ruining EVERYTHING.....but it is nice to know that there is an effort to keep some of the BIG joys of the season going. Great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Many thanks for sharing your beautiful photographs.
    Happy December Wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  12. I SO appreciate your gorgeous, Pre-Covid pics, Amy; they are holiday romantic movie material, making me feel nostalgic for festive, big city scenes!

    Have a pleasant Sunday!
    Poppy💞

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope you enjoyed the holiday season.
    My good wishes for a happy and healthy 2021.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello! I could have sworn I've been to this site before but after checking through some of the post I realized it's new to me.
    Anyhow, I'm definitely glad I found it and I'll be book-marking and checking back often!

    ReplyDelete

PRIVACY POLICY: I will never share your email information with others. I use your email to respond to your comments on my blog, or to interact socially with you.