Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

I want to go everywhere I haven't been, and back to everywhere I have been.

Monday, April 1, 2013

Sunday Papers and the Expanding Universe

 
























Is there anything better than lounging around on Sunday mornings, reading the paper and drinking and endless cups of coffee? During my working days, there were so many Sundays that I had to forfeit this pleasure, because I just couldn't spare the time. Weekends were for catching up on all the things I had to do, which left little time for things I wanted to do. But now, I can usually take all the time I want to read about 36 Hours in Bangalore,India, who's wearing what "On The Street," or the $125 million apartment for sale at the Pierre. And if, for some reason, I don't have time on a Sunday, well...there's always Monday!  It's just another thing to add to my list of "Things I Love About Not Working."  

You can tell a lot about a person by the newspaper sections they read. In my house, there's no fighting over who gets what.  We are at polar opposites of the Sunday newspaper section spectrum, so we pretty much split the New York Times into two distinct piles, and never the twain shall meet. I'm a "Travel, Arts & Leisure, Styles" kind of girl; he's a "Business, Automobiles, Week-In-Review" kind of guy.  If that doesn't give you enough of an idea as to how different Mr. Goo Shoes and I are, imagine the following scene:



     On a New York City bus; Monday morning around 8:00am; several years ago.  
     Mr. Goo Shoes and I are both lost in our separate thoughts as we travel down York
     Avenue on our way to work.

   Him: "You know what I was just thinking about?"
   Me:  "No, what?"
   Him: "I was just thinking about the expanding universe. I can't get over how it 
            continues to expand after 14 billion years." 
   Me:   "Uh-huh...you know what I was just thinking about"
   Him: "What?"
   Me:  "That I can't wait to go to the sale at Bloomingdale's during lunch today." 

And there you have it. 




   

















































I guess that somehow, the stars in that great, vast, expanding universe aligned to bring us together. Now, I have to get back to the Styles section, so I can see when that sale at Bloomingdale's is.





















1 comment:

  1. These topics you are sharing with us are very entertaining. Knowing you personally, I can just see it all happening!

    ReplyDelete

PRIVACY POLICY: I will never share your email information with others. I use your email to respond to your comments on my blog, or to interact socially with you.