Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

I want to go everywhere I haven't been, and back to everywhere I have been.

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Simple and Savory Spinach Artichoke Bites

 These take only minutes to prepare, and they are always a hit when I make them! | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

I am not being compensated for the products in this post.

Do you give a recipe a trial run before serving it to your guests?

If I'm reasonably sure I won't screw it up,
I won't give it a dry run.
I'll mix it up, pop it in the oven, say a little prayer and hope for the best.

Next week is Teachers' Appreciation Day at school.
In this case, I'm afraid to make something I haven't made before,
because if it's awful, I don't want the teachers to take it out on Junior Goo Shoes.

I asked JGS what he thought I should make.

"You're gonna cook for the teachers??? WHY???"

"Because I'm running for Best Mother in the World.
Think I'll win?"

"Uh, I don't know, Mom. Gloria and Claire might beat you out,
and come to think of it, Mitch and Cam are pretty good Moms, too."

Photo Courtesy of Modern Family, ABC

Well, alrighty, then. 
Maybe I better pull out the big guns:

Spinach Artichoke Bites.

: These take only minutes to prepare, and they are always a hit when I make them! | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

 I did make these for the very first time when I had a house full of company.
Lucky for me...or maybe I should say, lucky for them...
there wasn't much I could do to screw these up. 
THEY WERE AMAZING.

And oh so easy. 

: These take only minutes to prepare, and they are always a hit when I make them! | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes


I found the recipe on Pinterest - it's from Park House Love

You can mix up the filling a day in advance;
or earlier in the day that you'll be serving it.

: These take only minutes to prepare, and they are always a hit when I make them! | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

You'll need two tubes of crescent roll dough.
I used Pillsbury Crescent Recipe Creations.

: These take only minutes to prepare, and they are always a hit when I make them! | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

Working with one package at a time,
unroll the dough onto a large work surface and use a pizza cutter or a knife 
to cut it into 24 squares or rectangles,
it doesn't much matter.
Unless you are serving these to geometry teachers,
I wouldn't worry about being precise.
OMG - I am serving them to geometry teachers! 

Then, simply press them into mini muffin tins. 
Fill with the spinach-artichoke mixture. 
Top with shredded mozzarella cheese.
If you want, you can assemble the cups before your guests arrive.
Just keep them covered in the fridge, 
and take them out about a half-hour before you plan to bake them.

: These take only minutes to prepare, and they are always a hit when I make them! | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

Heat for approximately 12 minutes...

Serve, and soak up the compliments!
They are sure to add up!

: These take only minutes to prepare, and they are always a hit when I make them! | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

Spinach Artichoke Bites
(Recipe by Park House Love)

Yield: 48 Bites

Ingredients
1 8 oz. package cream cheese,
softened (can use low-fat)

1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup grated parmesan or romano cheese
2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
1 14 oz. can of artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
1 cup frozen chopped spinach (I used entire package), thawed, and squeezed to remove most of the water (I used my hands to squeeze out the liquid). 
2 tubes crescent roll dough (I used Pillsbury Crescent Recipe Creations)
1 8 oz. package shredded mozzarella

Method:
Preheat oven to 375F°.

Lightly spray mini muffin tins with cooking spray.
Combine first six ingredients in a large bowl; mix thoroughly. Set mixture aside.
On a large work surface, roll out one package of dough. Use a pizza cutter or knife to cut into 24 squares. 
Press squares into mini muffin tins.
Using a teaspoon, fill each cup with spinach artichoke mixture.
Sprinkle each cup with mozzarella cheese.
Bake for approximately 12 minutes.  

: These take only minutes to prepare, and they are always a hit when I make them! | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes
  
Uh-oh...I just thought of something.
What if I can't heat these up at school?
I guess we'll just have to eat them ourselves.
Let's see...48 divided by 3 equals 12 for Mr. Goo Shoes,
12 for Junior Goo Shoes...
and 24 for me.

That's the new math...
For my modern family.

Linking With:

14 comments:

  1. I am so hungry right now and those look DELISH. How about 24 for you, 24 for me?? I won't tell. ;) Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are right up my alley. Thanks for the recipe

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You totally crack me up! Your comments are always so delightful Amy. These little bites look and sound absolutely delicious and will surely make you the Mom of the Year!!! I'm bookmarking this recipe - it looks like a good one. BTW I am guilty of trying new recipes on guests (and they don't always turn out - ugh).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wanted to come by to thank you for your visits and kind comment. They're always appreciated!
    These simple and savory bite sounds delicious! I think my husband would love them!
    Thanks for the inspiration and recipe!
    Have a wonderful week,
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yum!!! Now THESE look divine. I like all of the ingredients in these. I may just have to give these a try.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look great! I am in charge of teacher appreciation at our school and I can tell you that our teachers would love them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay.... I'm now drooling! lol I'm making theses and soon ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum! Wish I had seen this earlier....I definitely would have made these for my daughter's 30th birthday party Sunday. Too much food already and no time although they look easy and so good. Pinned for the next party!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh this is awesome!!! I love spinach artichoke dip. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I already was in full view of the adidas zx shoes ability to use teleportation kiss with my adidas factory outlet baby left. cheap enjoying the warmth, cheap adidas originals cheap but can only adidas zx shoeshold back the feeling of suffocation,  adidas zx shoes only cheap explain bring back a adidas zx shoes sense of security. the heart if it is because

    ReplyDelete
  12. These would be perfect for a Mother's Day brunch! Thank you so much for linking up to SYS Amy, and have a wonderful weekend!
    XO Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  13. Man, these look SO GOOD. Thanks for posting. Hello from Best of the Weekend Party.

    ReplyDelete

PRIVACY POLICY: I will never share your email information with others. I use your email to respond to your comments on my blog, or to interact socially with you.