Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

I want to go everywhere I haven't been, and back to everywhere I have been.

Thursday, May 5, 2016

7 Reasons To Be a Backyard Bird-Watcher




Are you one of the 60ish million people in the US 
who are obsessed with bird-watching?

7 Reasons to be a Backyard Bird-Watcher | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

I never really paid attention to what was flying around when I was a kid,
but thanks to a neighbor who told me that blue jays 
were the meanest birds in town, I was terrified of them for years.
(The same neighbor also scarred me for life about squirrels, thank you very much).

When I lived in New York City, pigeons were the only birds I saw. 
They didn't thrill me, as they they thought nothing of flying way too close to my head,
nor, did they feel the need to move out of the way when I walked down the street.
And, yes, I got pooped on more than once.
Yeah, yeah, it's good luck, I know, but it's no fun 
showing up at the office with a big splat of bird doo in your hair.  
Trust me, no one wants to go to lunch with you. 

 
So, it's kind of amazing that I actually ever became infatuated with birds. 
Now, I can't imagine living anywhere that I couldn't hang up at least one bird feeder.
I can spend the entire day watching birds flit around the backyard
(Did I just hear multiple "clicks" of people un-friending me 
because they think that's weird?)

Now, I know that there are plenty of you out there 
who are equally obsessed with bird-watching, 
but for those of you who don't get what all the fuss is about,
I've got seven reasons that you should be a backyard bird-watcher, too.

You'll have to come over to A Little Claireification to see what they are; 

 just click here
If I convince you, the first bag of bird seed's on me
(just kidding!).

PS - I love your comments over at Claire's!
 

LINKING WITH:
Best of the Weekend
Home Sweet Home
Let's Get Real



6 comments:

  1. I love watching the birds in my garden and you know who loves that as much as I do? My cats ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your posts are so cute Amy. I didn't know you blogged for A Little Clairefication. Fun post! Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love birds. For me, there are quite a lot. Every summer with great pleasure to see a family of storks and always think to myself "what a wonderful guy with the stork;-)"
    I greet warmly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Amy, wow I love looking at all of those awesome birds! That looks like so much fun and I love all of your reasons why to like bird watching.
    Hope you have a wonderful weekend and a Happy Mother's Day! :)
    Julie xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just kidding for sure, Amy! Bird seed has gotten expensive, hasn't it? We're not putting out birdseed here in our new home, figuring that's one expense that retirees might skip, especially here in FL. But we're enjoying watching all the new birds roosting here especially the ones with long legs that dangle in the air. Must get a bird book for this area!

    Happy Mother's Day, Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many great birds to see.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

PRIVACY POLICY: I will never share your email information with others. I use your email to respond to your comments on my blog, or to interact socially with you.