Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

I want to go everywhere I haven't been, and back to everywhere I have been.

Friday, July 19, 2019

"SCHLEP & THE CITY" - THIS WEEK IN NEW YORK



Earlier this week, I spent a long day schlepping around New York City.......
A long, HOT day, but it was fun.
 Fortunately, it was before today's oppressive heatwave started.......
or I never would have made it gallivanting uptown, downtown, all around the town.


10:45 a.m.    
Dentist appointment in Rockefeller Center

Today Show Studio Rockefeller Center, New York City | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes
Today Show studio


Rockefeller Center, New York City | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes
Rockefeller Center


Rockefeller Center, New York City | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes
Rockefeller Center, looking toward Channel Gardens and Saks Fifth Avenue


Rockefeller Center, New York City | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes
A beach (!) in the Channel Gardens, Rockefeller Center



12:30 p.m.    
Lunch with friends at Boucherie in the West Village.
(sorry, no pics of lunch!)



2:30 p.m.    
Subway downtown to World Trade Center to see The Oculus, a new, modernistic structure housing a transit hub and shopping mall. 

The Oculus at World Trade Center, New York City | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes #theoculus
The Oculus at World Trade Center


New York City | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes
Street art outside The Oculus


Freedom Tower at World Trade Center, New York City | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes
Freedom Tower at World Trade Center


Memorial Pool at World Trade Center, New York City | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes
Memorial Pool at World Trade Center


Corbin Building, New York City | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes
Corbin Building, built in 1888.


3:30 p.m.    
Shopping for hours at Century 21's flagship store - I bought NOTHING).

Century 21, New York City | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes




6:45 p.m.
Dinner with a girlfriend (the one I went to Iceland with) in Hell's Kitchen.

Tavola Restaurant in Hell's Kitchen, New York City | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes
Tavola Restaurant, 9th Avenue and W. 38th Street



9:30 p.m. 
Homeward bound through Times Square.

Times Square, New York City | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes
Times Square



LINKING WITH:
Best Of The Weekend



17 comments:

  1. Wow, you just brought back some serious flashbacks to the days when I was in college and working at the American Festival Cafe in Rock Center!!! Great pics, wow it must have been steamy down there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do think of you whenever I'm in Rock Center! Hope it's cooler in the mountains than it is here!

      Delete
  2. Great pictures I like the Corbin building. I feel bad for John going back and forth everyday right now.

    The humidity feels like it's been here forever. Going to get trains is horrible in this weather.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a fun day; I can not believe that building is still standing from 1888! That's wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Buying nothing is a good thing! Lunch and dinner with friends, even better! Sounds like a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't have minded one little purchase :) But the best part was seeing friends.

      Delete
  5. So much to see and do, Ms. Toody Goo Shoes. Love that old Corbin building next to the modern. Blessings to you, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't the juxtaposition of those two buildings something? I love it, too.

      Delete
  6. I miss working in Rockefeller Center and it seems like a lifetime ago. I love going shopping in the Oculus building during the holidays. How fun to meet up with your friends and it sounds like it was a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing pictures of NYC!!! It must be so interesting to live there. I hope you are surviving this heat wave we are having. I do not do well in heat like this. Thanks so much for stopping by!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  8. hope, everything goes well with your teeth...
    Waw….fabulous views.... thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that beach just between all these buildings and cool to have a glimpse inside the world trade center. Where I live you see only very few high rise buildings and they are not compared to what you showed here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amy the first time I saw the Oculus from outside my jaw dropped. We hear so much about one world trade center but this building is equally striking in its own unique way. And when you walk inside nothing can prepare you for that feeling of awe!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amy I spend many childhood summers in Greenport and as a young adult I had a friend who owned a home there and would visit every weekend. You bought back so many happy memories with your photo essay. I always wish I could retire out there when I get older.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amy, I just love your excursions into the City. With all your fabulous photos, I feel as if I'm tagging along. Thanks for sharing! Joan

    ReplyDelete
  13. Buying nothing after hours of shopping is either frustrating or exhilarating!! There's always next time. Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  14. One day I hope to visit NYC and the Statue of Liberty--- maybe you would be my tour guide?? Thanks for sharing at Best of the Weekend!

    Liberty @ B4andAfters.com

    ReplyDelete

PRIVACY POLICY: I will never share your email information with others. I use your email to respond to your comments on my blog, or to interact socially with you.