Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

I want to go everywhere I haven't been, and back to everywhere I have been.

Thursday, October 31, 2019

PHOTO DIARY: SEPTEMBER & OCTOBER 2019 - FROM C TO SHINING C









I'm so confused.

I know the calendar says October 31..........
Kids will be ringing my doorbell later today, dressed in their costumes.......
We celebrated my birthday in early September.......
Fall foliage is at its peak.......
Clocks get turned back this weekend.......
I'm wearing fleece.......and boots........and socks......
My summer plants are dead (well, most of them).......
There are mums on my front porch.......
We've covered up the furniture on the deck.......
I made squash soup.......

But somehow, I'm surprised that tomorrow is November. 

 Good thing I have pictures to prove 
that I didn't sleep through September and October.

I present to you my photo diary ........





Blues
September began with a quick visit to Florida, where the sky, sea and pool were various peaceful shades of blue.

Boca Raton, Florida at the Intracoastal | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

Boca Raton, Florida at the Intracoastal | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes


Purple
Beauty Berries were at their purply prettiest in late September.

September October Photo Diary | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes


Endless Summer hydrangeas were still hanging on at the end of October, looking especially lovely as their leaves started to turn red.

September October Photo Diary | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes



Red, White & Blue
Wavy colors of the flag reflected in a lake. 

September October Photo Diary | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes


Oranges, Golds, Reds, and Browns
As we moved into October, fall colors popped up everywhere........

On the kitchen counter........

September October Photo Diary | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes


Outside of Eli's Market  (of Zabar's fame) on the Upper East Side of Manhattan.........

Eli's Market, NYC | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes


In the backyard.......

September October Photo Diary | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes


September October Photo Diary | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes


On the steps to the deck.

September October Photo Diary | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes


All around the neighborhood.......

September October Photo Diary | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes



Birthdays
Mine, in early September, was celebrated at the theater. The show, especially Jeff Daniels, was fantastic!

To Kill A Mockingbird, NYC | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes


One of my very closest friends and I feasted at the incredible Benno (which just received a Michelin star in the 2020 guide) to celebrate both of our birthdays.



Another amazing double-birthday fete for my BFF and myself was held at Manhatta (see Cityscapes, below). I know that this looks like a mouse on a hockey puck covered in feta cheese, but it was a delectable chocolate cake with gelato (blueberry, maybe? I forget), and crumbly white chocolate.

September October Photo Diary | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes #manhattarestaurant


Finally, we celebrated my aunt's 95th birthday. She is truly 95 years young!

September October Photo Diary | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes


Birds
A baby sparrow, I think?

September October Photo Diary | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes


A downy woodpecker turns his back on The Cardinal.

September October Photo Diary | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes


It's not too often that an American Goldfinch comes to call.

September October Photo Diary | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes


This hummingbird preferred my flowers to the feeder.

September October Photo Diary | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes


Puppy.
Sadie, in her favorite position, looking out the window.

September October Photo Diary | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes


Squirrel.
He's finding this flower stem quite tasty.

September October Photo Diary | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

College.
We took a ride to see our college boy, where the campus was in full fall splendor.

September October Photo Diary | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes



September October Photo Diary | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes



Best Donuts
D'Ercole Donuts, voted #3 Donut bakery in New Jersey, were a treat for Junior Goo Shoes and his suite mates (and we bought a few extra for us). Tasty! 😋

D'Ercole's Donuts, September October Photo Diary | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes


Best Pizza
Frank Pepe Pizza in New Haven, CT is consistently voted the #1 pizzeria in the U.S. We finally got to try their signature white clam pie.  Yum! 😋

Frank Pepe's White Clam Pizza in New Haven, CT | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes


Views
The view of the East River and the Brooklyn and Manhattan bridges from Manhatta restaurant's 60th floor, where my BFF and I celebrated our birthdays, was truly special.

Two Bridges: View from the 60th floor of Manhatta Restaurant is spectacular! | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes


Flatiron Building 
One of the most beautiful buildings in NYC was dressed in scaffolding and golden sunlight when I walked by.

Flatiron Building, NYC | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes


The Freedom Tower
I spotted it from afar between two buildings, on my way to Manhatta. See more of it, here.

Freedom Tower, NYC | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes


The Vessel at Hudson Yards.
Remember when I saw it the first time (here)? Well, this time, I went inside. We only went half way up because it was so windy.......I thought we might blow right across the river to NJ!

Looking down......... 

Inside The Vessel, NYC | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes


Looking up........

Inside The Vessel, NYC | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes



Rockefeller Center
A quick stroll through on my way to the dentist never gets old.

Rockefeller Center, NYC | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

 
Central Park
Peeking through a cutout at Bethesda Fountain. More on this beautiful spot in an upcoming post. 

Bethesda Fountain in Central Park, NYC | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes



I returned to Bow Bridge almost exactly one year later. It wasn't as pretty as it was during my last visit at the golden hour, but pleasing, still.  

Bow Bridge in Central Park, NYC is one of the most photographed spots in the city.| Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

That's a wrap! 
"C" you next month!




LINKING WITH:
Best Of The Weekend





16 comments:

  1. Wow! You covered a lot of ground in that post!! Thanks for the foodie tips!!! YUM! Happy Halloween!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amy, you captured such beautiful shots of fall in both months. Yes, it’s hard to believe that tomorrow is November. I enjoyed looking at the photos and places you visited. Happy belated birthday. Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh where to begin with the compliments. Ohhhhh all your pics are wonderful. Love your bird captures. You certainly celebrated September and October nicely.
    Hugs and Happy Halloween
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  4. The donuts! The flowers! The leaves! Oh my!

    The donuts! The restaurants! The pizza! Oh my!

    The donuts! The puppy! The birds! Oh my!

    Please send those donuts my way ASAP.

    Thank yew...



    ReplyDelete
  5. Such beautiful shots! I love the variety too and how you pulled it all together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous photos! I love your angles, especially the ones from the ground this time! I will have to try it out myself. Have you ever made a photo book, like with Blurb? You could offer them online for sale, like a NYC themed coffee table book, at no cost to yourself with Blurb.... (am I offering to create it for you? Maybe....if you need me to.)

    Liberty @ B4andAfters.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore your C to C theme, Amy, and boy, is your photography ever fabulous! I went through everything at least twice. Happy Belated -- I can't think of a better way to celebrate a birthday than seeing Jeff Daniels as Atticus! I'm not sure where the recent months have flown but you've sure made the most of them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Amy - your photography is stunning! You inspire me to take better photos. Love how you celebrate birthdays. Here's to November ...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such lovely and colorful photos! Those donuts! Made my mouth water. I particularly enjoyed your cityscape pics. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I got so tickled reading Doreen's comment that I forgot what I was going to write! I bet she does miss NYC a little bit. I've been trying to watch as many episodes of Blue Bloods on Netflix before they take it off in a few days and the shots of the bridges and other sights always thrill me. I've never even been there but I guess NYC kind of belongs to all Americans.

    Happy belated birthday! I know what you mean by November's surprise arrival. It is my favorite month of the year and I want to treasure each day. Your backyard is looking beautiful. We just don't get the gorgeous colors in the leaves that you do there. Your son's campus is beautiful! True New England-ish fall beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow so many great pictures..
    Forget November.. I can't believe we are just months away from 2020!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow!
    A truly wonderful collection of photographs here.
    So much to see and I thoroughly enjoyed seeing them :)
    Thank you.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have truly mastered mixing gorgeous photography with great narration to make for a non-stop scroll through your post. Loved every minute of it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This photos tell the story of a great month. I especially like the one outside Eli's Market.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete

PRIVACY POLICY: I will never share your email information with others. I use your email to respond to your comments on my blog, or to interact socially with you.