Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

I want to go everywhere I haven't been, and back to everywhere I have been.

Monday, June 30, 2014

My Photo Diary: June




June was bustin' out all over, here in NJ!
Hydrangeas, Spirea, Irises, Lilies...
Oh, wait, no lilies...
The deer ate every last bud, 
so no lily blooms this year, nope, not a one.

June was action-packed...
 School ended...Camp started.
Baby birds were born...and my Mac died. 

We went to the beach,
the Stock Exchange,
and hung out on our deck. 

Backyard creatures from tiny bumble bees...
to giant wild turkeys paid us a visit.

Heeeeeeere's June!

*********


June 1 
Junior Goo Shoes kicks off the month with an ice cream bar. 
Believe it or not, these do not tempt me in the least.


June Photo Diary --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

June 2
A cucumber martini, however, is quite tempting. Must find a recipe for this.

June Photo Diary --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

June 3
Morning sunlight. I never saw the sun streaming in on this vase before. Within minutes, it was gone.

June Photo Diary --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

June 4
Way-cool cocktail party on the floor of the New York Stock Exchange. Unfortunately, all of my photos of this were lost when my computer drowned (see June 6), so this is a bad one from my cell phone. 


June Photo Diary --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

June 5
Escalator to hell...aka, Port Authority, NYC.  Took the bus home today...Haven't had to do that too often since I stopped commuting into the city, thankfully.  

June Photo Diary --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

June 6
The day my laptop died. RIP, Mac.
 
June Photo Diary --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

June 7
Another June weekend, another Greek festival. Yummy cheese pie for an appetizer, and I ate the WHOLE thing. Myself.


June Photo Diary --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

June 8
Beautiful Sunday morning on the deck.

June Photo Diary --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

June 9
Flatiron Building, NYC (opened in 1902). Killing time before meeting blogger Joani Geltman at her book reading for A Survival Guide to Parenting Teens. She's awesome!


June Photo Diary --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

June 10
Chillaxin' on the back deck.


June Photo Diary --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

June 11
NYC Public Library. Walking to meet a friend for lunch.


June Photo Diary --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

June 12
I waited a week, hoping my old laptop would miraculously come back to life, but no such luck. My new laptop will never know what liquids are. 




June 13
Monopoly night with Junior Goo Shoes. My idea of a perfect night, even though he beat me badly!


June Photo Diary --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes


June 14
Saturday evening in Belmar, NJ, having dinner with friends, across the street from the beach. Beautiful evening, especially with ocean in view!

June Photo Diary --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes
  
June 15
Father and Son. Father's Day and Mr. Goo Shoes' birthday, celebrated at one of our favorite restaurants in Dobbs Ferry, NY.

June Photo Diary --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes
  
June 16
The living room has become packing central. Camp trunks are almost finished!



June Photo Diary --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes


June 17
Times Square subway stop...a photo I would never have taken when I lived in NYC. Now, who cares?  Heading downtown to meet a friend.

June Photo Diary --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

June 18
Went to go out on my deck this morning, and THIS greeted me. UGH! Not a great shot, but it was with my phone through a glass door.

June Photo Diary --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

June 19
Last day of school! Junior Goo Shoes taking it easy in the hammock.


June Photo Diary --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

June 20
Busy Bee in the spirea.


June Photo Diary --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

June 21
Junior Goo Shoes playin' the blues at his guitar concert.

June Photo Diary --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

June 22
We're at the beach! Mini-vacation in Beach Haven, Long Beach Island, NJ.


June Photo Diary --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes


June 23
Beach rules!


June Photo Diary --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes


June 24
This pig's got swagger, doesn't she? She borrowed my sunglasses, while we ate like pigs at Uncle Will's Pancake House, a Beach Haven institution.

June Photo Diary --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

June 25
Barnegat Lighthouse, Long Beach Island, NJ. About seven years ago, Junior Goo Shoes and I climbed to the top. Not t-t-today, Junior!

June Photo Diary --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

June 26
Remember the birds that moved in back in May? Here are the babies!!! Get a load of the spider they're about to eat.


June Photo Diary --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

June 27
Mr. Goo Shoes took this amazing picture of purple petunias.

June Photo Diary --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

June 28
THE BIG DAY!!! Junior Goo Shoes leaves for camp! All the parents wave goodbye!


June Photo Diary --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

June 29
First day of camp! Mr. Goo Shoes and I will be glued to the camp website scanning photos for the next seven weeks. Junior Goo Shoes is front right, in the green t-shirt.

June Photo Diary --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes
Photo Courtesy of Camp

June 30
No hummingbirds have visited, but "Chip" would sure like a drink of nectar.



Have a wonderful July!


12 comments:

  1. I would still like to get better at doing this myself every month. Maybe in 2015. Got a little bit on my plate ;) so I love to live vicariously through yours!! Love all the pics and, oh dear. I had almost forgotten about "Mr. Mac". May he rest in peace.
    Happy July, Amy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved all of the pics. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these posts! June 18 is my favourite because it's so surprising. I'm sorry about your deceased computer... Mine died last month due to a storm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another photo diary day...yay!! Okay, we all know that Greek cheese pies, (tiropites) hog the applause, but what did you think of your mile long macaroni medley, a.k.a. 'Pastitsio?! It's one of my favourite Greek dishes; love the infusion of nutmeg in that blanket of Béchamel it's all covered in. Amy, you have such pretty views of your summer flowers from the house, and I don't think an escalator ever looked like such a fun ride! Thanks for sharing your June adventures with us!

    Happy July and a fun 4th!

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to back up my computer TODAY!! Loved all the pictures and your fun comments. Here's to July.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that you are keeping up on your photo diary. The picture of the birds is incredible!! Sorry about your mac. Mine is dying a slow death just as my Apple Care expired. Happy July!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Overall a fantastic month..minus the death of the computer:(

    ReplyDelete
  8. With living so close to NYC, you always have such interesting pics to share. I can't get over the picture of the baby birds waiting to be fed. That's a fantastic picture! What were the odds of you getting that at that perfect moment?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like June was good to you. Well, except for the whole RIP laptop problem. I really like the photo of the sunlight on the vase. Perhaps it will happen again next year if you keep everything exactly where it is. Can't wait to see what July holds for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your pictures are simply amazing, and I enjoyed them all. Sounds like a great month (well, except for the death of your computer - sorry about that).

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! the bird / spider / babies shot...amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That was a great catch-up .... just right for Yours Truly who hasn't been around much. Thank you! (and I am wildly jealous over your proximity to NYC!)

    ReplyDelete

PRIVACY POLICY: I will never share your email information with others. I use your email to respond to your comments on my blog, or to interact socially with you.