Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

I want to go everywhere I haven't been, and back to everywhere I have been.

Friday, June 20, 2014

Rearranging the Deck Chairs

Pretty Summer Deck - Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

Have you ever gone along with an idea, 
even though you didn't totally agree with it?

I guess we've all been there, done that.

Summer Backyard Deck --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

And isn't it funny, when that person 
finally realizes it wasn't the best idea after all,
but insists it was your idea?

Such is the case with furniture arrangement 
on our back deck this summer.

Summer Backyard Deck --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

When we first moved into this house,
 the old outdoor dining table was in the corner,
right outside the dining room doors.

Made sense to me...
it was always shady in that spot,
plus, it was convenient to bring things out from the kitchen.

Summer Backyard Deck --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes


When we got a new outdoor dining table,
Mr. Goo Shoes wanted to put it in a different spot
I didn't think it was a great idea,
because the sun comes around,
 right about dinner time,
at the perfect angle to hit you right in the eyes.

"We'll tilt the umbrella...It won't be a problem."

Yeah, well, even with the umbrella tilted, 
there was always someone at the table 
who was in the hot seat.

Summer Backyard Deck --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

This spring, we had to take all of the furniture
off the deck to have it power-washed and stained.
 When it was time to put everything back, 
Mr. Goo Shoes wanted to put the table 
in the original spot, near the dining room door.

Summer Backyard Deck --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

"I never liked the table in that other spot. 
It was always too sunny.
I think it'll be better here in the shade."

Say what?

 I had a boss who often said,
"Let them always think it was their idea."

So I smiled, and said, "You're right, let's do it!"


Summer Backyard Deck --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

And that is how the deck chairs came to be
rearranged this year.

Summer Backyard Deck --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes


We're much happier with it this way.  

Summer Backyard Deck --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

Summer Backyard Deck --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

Summer Backyard Deck --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

I did purchase a few new things this year.
This garden stool came from Home Goods.
I like that the top is flat, not rounded.
 Never mind that yesterday, I spilled a cup of coffee I put on it.
Coffee and I seem to be having a problem, lately. 
Thankfully, my new laptop was safe inside the house.


Summer Backyard Deck --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

I got a cute watering can at Michael's.
 
Summer Backyard Deck --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

and found this bowl at Home Goods...

Summer Backyard Deck --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

It matches the one I got last year,
as well as the little pots that I love.

Summer Backyard Deck --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes
 
And my favorite thing? 
 This pillow...which expresses the perfect summer sentiment...
so much so, it could have been me who wrote it. 
(Yes, from Home Goods, too.) 

Summer Backyard Deck --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

 So now that you see how we re-arranged the deck chairs,
which way do you like it better...

This way...

Summer Backyard Deck --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

or this way?

Last year, the deck was my "happy" place...
This year, it's my "even happier" place.


Summer Backyard Deck --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes


41 comments:

  1. I just love your deck and all your adorable touches. Your garden and flowers are lovely. Thrilled that you got a new laptop. Be careful with that coffee!
    Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Katie! I'm keeping coffee far, far away from the new laptop!

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful de k you have and i.love your chairs and pillows. All so colorful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Riet. It really makes me happy to sit out there.

      Delete
  3. Your deck is just beautiful. LOVE the furniture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Michelle. I'm happy with the furniture--it's so comfy!

      Delete
  4. Step away from the coffee....
    Your deck looks BEAUTIFUL (again). And that is so true "Let them always think it was their idea". You know I exercise that rule every day at work. ;)
    Love all of your added touches - your herbs and flowers look fantastic. And I may have to make that porch rules pillow.
    Pinned (of course). xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Claire. I'm keeping the new laptop far away from all liquids! I think you do need to make the pillow!

      Delete
  5. I love your beautiful deck...even the colors and tones are relaxing and pleasant! I love the porch rules pillow, too. This deck decor is inviting and appealing, soothing and comfy...absolutely beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Jodee! We've had some nice weather, so I've been able to sit outside and enjoy it all.

      Delete
  6. Your deck is beautiful. I really like your furniture and the colors you've chosen. When it comes to husbands you definitely have to let them come up with the right ideas sometimes. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, Stacey! You're right about that! Thanks for the visit.

      Delete
  7. What a beautiful and spacious deck, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your back deck! It looks so private and wooded. The furniture arrangement looks great. I think it makes more sense to have the table closer to the door too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kelly, it used to be totally wooded when we moved in, but then a house went up directly behind us. At least we still have woods in the other direction, and I'm glad the chairs now face that way, so I can sit an stare out at the trees!

      Delete
  9. Amy, I love you back porch. It looks like a gorgeous place to read a book...or blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Corinne, I definitely blog out there whenever I can! It's why I must have a laptop!

      Delete
  10. Your deck is beautiful Amy! So spacious yet cozy, thanks to your artful furniture and flower arrangements. I must confess though...I can't tell the difference between the 'before/after' of the chairs and sette other than the fact that the second pic is a close up. What did I miss?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Doreen! If you click on the link where it says "or this way," it will take you back to the post where I showed last year's deck arrangement. The furniture layout was reversed last year, with the table where the love seat, etc. is now. I really appreciate your stopping by!

      Delete
  11. Mr Goo Shoes was right... The table is better in that shady spot directly off the dining-room... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, it is much better in that corner, Magali! I'm glad he thinks it was his idea!

      Delete
  12. Your summertime back porch, which I've seen in a few seasonal setups already, is my absolute favourite, so far. I love the colours, the textures, the patterns and the layout. Who wouldn't feel pampered and precious sitting here, with views to a lovely garden and potted pretties? Enjoy it, Amy - I sure did!

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is my favorite, so far, too, Poppy! I'm really enjoying sitting there! I hope it doesn't get too hot to enjoy it!

      Delete
  13. Your deck is just beautiful! I love how you have your table decorated and the furniture arrangement looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Alicia! I'm really happy with it this year. It's come a long way!

      Delete
  14. You live in such beautiful surroundings. Isn't it great to dine outside? You've done a gorgeous job with your patio. I love all the personal touches you've lent it. Thanks for sharing at #the WeekendSocial. Love to see you again Thursday at 9:00 PM EST. As always, I've pinned your link. @theKitchenChopper

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, KC! I do love dining outside. There's nothing better on a nice summer night. Thanks for the pin!

      Delete
  15. It looks gorgeous...I love your deck! We need to work on setting up our pool area. And 4th of July is going to be here before we know it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Michelle! July 4th is just around the bend...I want summer to go slooooooowwwly!

      Delete
  16. What an incredible deck Amy - wow !
    I like hubby's idea the best LMHO !
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful! Thank you for joining us on the Wake Up Wednesday Link Party! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Stephanie! I'm so glad you stopped by! Thanks for hosting the party!

      Delete
  18. I want to come sit on your deck right now! Beaufitul!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful, comfortable, and inviting! Exactly what you want a deck to be:) Thanks for sharing on the Four Seasons Blog Hop~ Lynn @ Turnips 2 Tangerines

    ReplyDelete
  20. A story we can all relate to! I like to re arrange but some times things do have a 'proper place' and I think this is one of those times. Love it all would not change a thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Susan! I do agree that everything is now where it should be! Happy July 4th!

      Delete
  21. Oh my gosh, Amy - your deck looks fantastic! Thanks so much for sharing with the Let's Get Real party. Pinning to our group board.

    ReplyDelete

PRIVACY POLICY: I will never share your email information with others. I use your email to respond to your comments on my blog, or to interact socially with you.