Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

I want to go everywhere I haven't been, and back to everywhere I have been.

Friday, February 6, 2015

My Photo Diary: January 2015

My Photo Diary: January 2015 - Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

Weren't we just clinking our champagne glasses and ringing in the new year? 
I can't believe that we are already into the second month of 2015.

Here's something else I can't believe...
I've been doing this photo-a-day thing for an entire YEAR!!!
Who'd a thunk it?
Surely not me. 
Anyway, as I continue to find it both fun and challenging...
and long as you all seem to enjoy it, 
I'm going to keep it going. 
Until I don't. 

January was as January is...
a lot of time spent indoors, and a bit of cabin fever. 
But, we're marching closer to spring...ever. so. slowly.

******************
January 1
Our last sunset in Hawaii. Cliff diver on Black Rock ready to light the torches, and take the nightly plunge.

My Photo Diary: January 2015 - Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

January 2
Final morning in Hawaii. Checking out the Westin for my BFF and her hubs. I think they'll like it!

My Photo Diary: January 2015 - Ms. Toody Goo Shoes
  
January 3
Contrasts: Yesterday, sand on the beach; today snow in the driveway. Yeah, it's great to be home (cough, cough). "I wanna go back to that little grass shack in Kealakekua, Hawaii," she sang.

My Photo Diary: January 2015 - Ms. Toody Goo Shoes
January 4
Tulips to brighten the room and my mood.

My Photo Diary: January 2015 - Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

January 5
One good thing about winter...it's grapefruit season!

My Photo Diary: January 2015 - Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

January 6
Throwback to last winter - Chalkboard art outside a tea shop in SoHo, NYC. 

My Photo Diary: January 2015 - Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

January 7
Dried hydrangeas are finding me everywhere this winter. I've got quite a collection, now.

My Photo Diary: January 2015 - Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

January 8
600+ fundraising invitations addressed, sealed and stamped.  Let the donations pour in (please)!

My Photo Diary: January 2015 - Ms. Toody Goo Shoes
January 9
Billy Joel, he is the entertainer, at Madison Square Garden.

My Photo Diary: January 2015 - Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

January 10
What smells better than sauteing peppers and onions? Not much!

My Photo Diary: January 2015 - Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

January 11
I thought I was hallucinating when I saw dozens of robins on my lawn in the snow. Turns out that it is rare to see robins in winter, but when you do, you'll see a flock. As they say, birds of a feather...

My Photo Diary: January 2015 - Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

January 12
Packing up the goody box for the "Where is Ms. Toody?" winner. I can find something to buy anywhere and everywhere...and I found the hula girl tissue paper in a supermarket.

My Photo Diary: January 2015 - Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

January 13
Chocolate with bacon...better than I thought. Would you eat it?

My Photo Diary: January 2015 - Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

January 14
Hello, Kitty! A visitor on the back deck, while I was eating my breakfast. Could it be a secret admirer of Sadie's? 

My Photo Diary: January 2015 - Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

January 15
Lunch specials at Cafe Un Deux Trois on W. 44th Street in NYC, where I met a friend for lunch.

My Photo Diary: January 2015 - Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

January 16
Sometimes a girl just needs her space.

My Photo Diary: January 2015 - Ms. Toody Goo ShoesJanuary 17
Tree of lights outside local catering hall snapped on a drive-by with my phone (no, I wasn't driving).

My Photo Diary: January 2015 - Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

January 18
Raining cats and dogs today. That's my backyard, not a lake!

My Photo Diary: January 2015 - Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

January 19
Morning sunlight on a vase. My favorite photo of the month.

My Photo Diary: January 2015 - Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

January 20
Greek cookies: Kourabethes and Melomakarona from my college friend's mom...who responsible for my love of Greek food. Thank you, Mrs. F! They were delicious!

My Photo Diary: January 2015 - Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

January 21
You never know who you'll run into in the parking garage in New York City! I wonder what kind of car Big Bird drives... Firebird? Thunderbird? And what is he doing with Elmo's head?

My Photo Diary: January 2015 - Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

January 22
Oh my darling, Clementine!

My Photo Diary: January 2015 - Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

January 23
Took me an entire week, but I almost finished the NY Times Sunday crossword puzzle.

My Photo Diary: January 2015 - Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

January 24
More snow today.

My Photo Diary: January 2015 - Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

January 25
Egg whites with herbs de'provence on Trader Joe's Rustico bread. It's what's for breakfast.

My Photo Diary: January 2015 - Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

January 26
Ominous sky. 

My Photo Diary: January 2015 - Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

January 27
The un-blizzard of 2015.  3 inches instead of the predicted 3 feet. I'll take it! 

My Photo Diary: January 2015 - Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

January 28
My first attempt at Chicken Enchilladas. Recipe from Lisa at Cooking With Curls. They were a hit!

My Photo Diary: January 2015 - Ms. Toody Goo Shoes


January 29
Something new in Times Square, NY. Revlon's gigantic interactive billboard, where you can see yourself on the screen. There's me in the green circle. Elmo and Cookie monster were there, too.
 
My Photo Diary: January 2015 - Ms. Toody Goo Shoes
January 30
Cousins dinner! Blurry faces are a family trait (they're all shy).



January 31
Wineglasses always look better half-full, except when reflecting morning sunlight.

My Photo Diary: January 2015 - Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

Have a great February, everyone!


21 comments:

  1. Your photos are engaging. Perhaps it would be better to publish more often and show fewer each time so as to avoid 'museum fatigue' ?


    ALOHA from Honolulu
    ComfortSpiral
    <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aloha, Cloudia! I've thought about doing this as a weekly post, but ultimately decided I liked the monthly format better, because it captures the seasonal transitions over the course of a month. I try to keep the captions brief underneath, so that it won't take readers a month to read the post, lol; allowing them to scroll through the 30 photos fairly quickly.

      Delete
  2. I look forward to this post every. single. month! I love the variety. Don't stop!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Debbie! You continue to inspire me to keep it going!

      Delete
  3. Chocolate and bacon......yum! Been wanting to make some for awhile but scared to death of the calories! We have visiting kitties in our yard all the time. My kitty doesn't go out much in the winter but her friends are always waiting for her. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your photos are amazingly beautiful and I love how you capture the beauty of Winter! I'm not a fan of all the snow we Northerners get, but Winter is certainly the perfect time to rest from the chaos of the Holidays and recharge our batteries for all the fun Spring will bring! Can't wait to break out the capri jeans and lightweight jackets!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your photos! You have a good eye, and the eclectic selection is superb. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pics and how nice to go to Hawaii. We have been three times in the past, but hubby would rather not take that long flight again. Okay your family looks creepy with no eyes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Jambalaya crepes"...I can't for the life of me figure out what may be going on there.

    Big bird and Elmo head-- exactly!

    For Chicken enchiladas (my kids request it all the time) I started layering everything instead of rolling inside the tortilla-- so much easier!

    P.S. you must be carrying your camera around a lot, Amy. You should keep doing it, you have a good eye for interesting and beautiful detail.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your pictures are beautiful as always, Amy. And I love that you have this monthly recap since all of your posts have amazing photos in between anyway. No "fatigue" here.
    Well aside from the fact that it's another 7 day work week, lol. Hope you have a great weekend!
    (and OMGosh I simply have no words about that Big Bird pic. Talk about #HeadsWouldRoll). ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amy, As always your photos are great. The great thing about the photo diary, which is not for me, is enjoying the little details of everyday life!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved them all but it was the Greek cookies that won the prize. We ate both types while on our recent Greek-house-buying adventure and just seeing them made my mouth water!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That first pic of the torch lighters was a great snap. Texas red or Ruby Red grapefruits--love them! Yes to peppers and onions sautéing! Maybe some celery too. Of course to bacon and chocolate and here in TN it has to be Benton's Bacon in everything. One piece of it costs as much as a pack of grocery store bacon but it is worth it.

    However it is your morning sunlight on a vase that is art gallery worthy! Did you plan that or just catch it when you saw it? Stunning. It reminds me of photography from the House of Brinson site.

    I love this recap!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I always enjoy these posts and you are right about peppers and onions! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I always enjoy these posts and you are right about peppers and onions! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your January post! The chicken enchiladas look delicious! Raising a glass to February ....

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great photos all the way around , Amy. From snow to tropical and back to snow. Great month! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, those peppers and onions - what colour! I can smell the savoury sizzle all the way across the big blue sea!

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  17. I do enjoy seeing your photos from the month. You take great pictures! Your Hawaii pictures were beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your are so talented! Those photos are very interesting.....each tells a story. That first one is stunning - looks like a postcard, Amy. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

PRIVACY POLICY: I will never share your email information with others. I use your email to respond to your comments on my blog, or to interact socially with you.