Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

I want to go everywhere I haven't been, and back to everywhere I have been.

Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Yesterday and Today In New York City - April 5 & 6, 2016



Two days in a row in New York City is unusual for me,
now that I don't commute in daily for work.
But, sometimes, things can't be helped.
A long-standing lunch date and a re-scheduled dental appointment 
resulted in four trips back-and-forth across the George Washington Bridge 
on consecutive days.


Yesterday, although the spring flowers were blooming and the trees were budding,
it was downright freezing.
The temperatures were in the low 40's but the wind was wicked. 

New York City - Ms. Toody Goo Shoes
 Bundled up in April on West 96th Street and Central Park West. 


Central Synagogue, New York City - Ms. Toody Goo Shoes
Central Synagogue, Lexington Avenue and E. 55th Street.
Neither my friend who I had lunch with, nor I, knew what this was until I googled it.


 Today should have been more enjoyable, because it was ever so slightly warmer
but I had to come in for oral surgery.
That will suck the joy out of even the most beautiful of days.


Radio City, New York City - Ms. Toody Goo Shoes
"Is there an 'R'?...And, I'd like to buy a vowel, please."
Radio City Music Hall viewed from W. 49th Street and Avenue of the Americas.  


St. Patrick's Cathedral,  New York City - Ms. Toody Goo Shoes
St. Patrick's Cathedral, and Saks Fifth Avenue on the right;   
5th Avenue and E. 50th Street.


Rockefeller Center, New York City - Ms. Toody Goo Shoes
Spring flowers, hats, coats and scarves at Rockefeller Center.


LINKING WITH:

12 comments:

  1. I wish I could just cross a bridge and be there on a sunny spring day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always love seeing your NYC pics Amy!! Hope the dentist wasn't too bad. I am overdue for a root canal. Bleh.
    That synagogue is beautiful, btw!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pics did the city justice Amy.

    It kinda sucks how it's still cold out, doesn't it? Next year we should stay away longer ;).

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww - beautiful NYCity!!! St. Patrick's Cathedral just glows - so pretty! Hope your mouth heals quickly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. An afternoon, please - just one measly afternoon is all I ask. It has been so many years since I could casually say 'I was in NYC this week'. There was a time.......this is how many years it's been. There used to be the most exquisite linen shop - Leron. I was introduced to it by my Philadelphia landlady who bought me a birthday present there. It epitomized the elegance of Manhattan to me.
    I hope you've recovered nicely from your surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really enjoyed your NYC pictures. Since I live in Chicago I post a lot of city pictures as well. I've been to New York once and I'd love to go again and visit a lot of the popular sights and simply spend more time sightseeing. :-D

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoy your trips to NYC! I can't believe its still so cold over there... it was 90 here today, omg, too hot!! Allergies are going haywire!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous photos Amy. Even on a cool crisp windy Spring day in NYC architectural beauty abounds. Oral Surgery? YIKES sending you a big hug.
    xoxo,
    Vera

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brrrrr. . .I can feel the chill but also the thrill of those wonderful New York iconic places. Hope the surgery went well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the trip to NYC! Hubby doesn't want to go this summer now :-( Sometimes it is just too hard to go home...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a glorius day, it is so grim here and snowing again. Your pics were perfect. Thanks for the tour, SAndi

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it when you take us to NYC, thought it'd be better if it wasn't to go to the dentist's!

    ReplyDelete

PRIVACY POLICY: I will never share your email information with others. I use your email to respond to your comments on my blog, or to interact socially with you.