Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

I want to go everywhere I haven't been, and back to everywhere I have been.

Thursday, April 7, 2016

Simple Spring Centerpiece and Fundraising Success!



Can someone please tell me what is with this crazy weather?
After being teased with glorious spring weather for the last month,
winter is back with a vengeance.
It's been really cold, windy, and we've even had some snow this past week.
Okay, granted, it was just a dusting or two, 
but once the yellow daffodils and pink magnolias have blossomed,
the last thing I want to see is the white stuff.
Blech!

Even though spring has abandoned us outdoors,
it's alive and well on my kitchen table.
I made a simple spring centerpiece that started with a rosemary plant. 
If you want to see it, you'll have to pop on over to A Little Claireification, okay?

 ******
Before you go, I've got a few pictures of the fundraiser  I've been so busy with.
This is the second year that I have been the fundraising chairperson at my synagogue,
and our gala was this past Sunday.
We had a great turnout and made a lot of money!
There were a couple of minor glitches, like the wrong tables being delivered,
and running out of white wine,
but all in all, it was a terrific evening.
I was so busy that I didn't get to take too many pictures, 
but here are just a few. 

Our theme was the Roaring 20's.
I did not do the decor -- we had a sub-committee for that.
The jazz silhouettes and gold spray-painted bottles were so festive!
They did a great job on a really tight budget. 


The pearl "napkin rings" doubled as necklaces.


Over 200 people came to the gala...
this must have been when I was speaking...
look how attentive they look, lol!

Photo by the rabbi

Everybody do the hora!


It was a really fun night!
We've got another event planned for September,
so there's barely time to catch our breath.

Don't forget to visit me at Claire's to see my centerpiece!
If you'd like a lift, click here, and we'll be off.
A comment at Claire's would just make my day

10 comments:

  1. I miss the days when I was part of fundraising and events. They're a lot of work but fun! It's challenging to come up with decor that is reasonable but still looks classy, but your group pulled it off.

    I hear ya about the weather. It seems to follow us wherever we go! Geeezzzzz...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your successful event...but, really, how could it have been otherwise?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on having a successful gala! I love the theme and decorations. It looks like everyone had a good time. I bet it felt like you had stepped back in time with that theme. It is cold and windy here too. Yuck! We had such beautiful weather earlier this week but now it's only a memory.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on finishing--I always feel like I have given birth the week after a fundraiser (and much like giving birth, there is still a surprising amount to do afterwards). I hope you can relax and enjoy a "victory lap" even as you go through receipts, get items to bidders who forgot to pick them up, hold your wrap-up meeting, etc, etc. It looks like it was great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun. Congratulations on your successful fundraiser. What a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your center piece. It really looks so nice and everything works so well together. Look at the money you saved.

    Have a great weekend.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your successful fundraiser!
    The Decorating Committee did a great job, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a lot of work right there, but success is sweet. Congratulations! It was a beautiful event.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You made such a pretty spring centerpiece! Congrats on the success of your fundraiser! Stay warm today Amy! Hope you have a nice week.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pleased everything went well ... love the jazz themed cut outs!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

PRIVACY POLICY: I will never share your email information with others. I use your email to respond to your comments on my blog, or to interact socially with you.