Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

I want to go everywhere I haven't been, and back to everywhere I have been.

Thursday, December 15, 2016

TODAY IN NEW YORK CITY 12.15.16

Just a quickie......
I popped into the city for a few hours to meet some friends for lunch. 

Here are a few snaps from this cold and windy day.


I walked through Bryant Park, and peeked into a few of the pop-up holiday shops.
The building with the green windows was where I worked for many years.
I had a great view overlooking the park.   


That's the back of New York Public Library, 
which faces Bryant Park.
  

This is the front of the library, as I walked down 5th Avenue.
Not the best shot.....

 
 I had some time to kill, so I went to Lord and Taylor's.
I always love their Christmas decorations.
Didn't buy anything!


A few hours later, I was headed back to my car, 
parked near Times Square.


That's it.......
Just a little bite of the Big Apple today!

  LINKING WITH:
Best of the Weekend
 
 

11 comments:

  1. Thanks for the great pictures, Amy. I was only in NYC once back in 1979! I want to get hubby to go on a little vacay there. I'd love to spend two full days in Central Park and a lot of time shopping! As he works in downtown Chicago, he's not crazy about more crowds. I'll convince him!! ;-D

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. New York is at its best at Christmas. Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love NYC at Christmas time. I was there the first weekend this month. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Amy to live and be able to visit NYC. What a great place. Wow love Lord and Taylor's Christmas decor too.
    Soooo Pretty! Happy Holidays.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Visiting the big apple at Christmas time would be wonderful - one day we would love to do this! Fabulous pictures Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun taste you gave us of the Big Apple!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such great pictures Amy - thanks so much. I got to go to NYC in the 90's doing the holidays and stayed at the Grand Hyatt. All the decorations were stunning and I loved every minute I was there. I need to go back again.

    Have a wonderful Holiday Season.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  8. The best time to visit the city is at Christmastime, for sure, Amy!! I used to work in one of the restaurants at Rockefeller Center when I was in college - it was an amazing place to work all year, but around the holidays was by far the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great! Sharing with my hubby! He's talking again about maybe taking a trip there this coming summer :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always love when you share your pictures of New York. But now that I understand that you drive in New York, I have a whole new respect for you! I would never drive in Paris ;)

    ReplyDelete

PRIVACY POLICY: I will never share your email information with others. I use your email to respond to your comments on my blog, or to interact socially with you.