Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

I want to go everywhere I haven't been, and back to everywhere I have been.

Sunday, June 8, 2014

WEEKEND TRAVEL INSPIRATION: BEST HOTEL ROOM VIEWS PT. 2




How important is a hotel room with a view?

I mean, who wouldn't want one?
But...depending on where you are staying,
it's not always necessary.

We just booked a few nights "down the shore"
 in Long Beach Island, NJ.
We had a choice of two rooms...
One had an ocean view,
with a double bed and a pullout;
the other had two queen size beds 
and a partial ocean view from the terrace.

Long gone are the days when Mr. Goo Shoes and I
could squeeze into a double bed, 
and like it.
These days, one of us would end up on the floor.
And Junior Goo Shoes is now old enough
to understand that sleeper sofas are usually mighty uncomfortable.

In this case, comfort trumps view. 

Way back when I first started blogging,
I wrote a post called
Best Hotel Room Views.

No one saw it, because I had no readers back then...
so I thought I'd bring it back
for today's Weekend Travel Inspiration party
over at Reflections Enroute.  


And while I'm at it,
I'm adding a few more.

Best Hotel Room Views  --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes
Westin, Grand Cayman 


Best Hotel Room Views  --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes
Hotel Adornes, Bruges, Belgium  



Best Hotel Room Views  --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes
Harborside Inn, Martha's Vineyard, Massachusetts   


Best Hotel Room Views  --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes
Sheraton Niagara Fall, Canada  


Best Hotel Room Views  --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes
Sheraton Tel Aviv, Israel  


Best Hotel Room Views  --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes
Westin Bayshore, Vancouver Canada 

Happy Travels!



Linking With:
Weekend Travel Inspiration
Our World Tuesday 
Wow Us Wednesday




You may also like...
Best Hotel Room Views Part 1
 

38 comments:

  1. Beautiful....all beautiful. blessings dear. Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, Thanks for linking up! I have to get to the Grand Caymans...and see a sunset like that...gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love going to your "party," Corinne! Now I know what to do with all my travel photos!

      Delete
  3. I always pay the extra for a room with a view if I'm going to be somewhere for longer than one night. I'm definately all about the view :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always prefer a good view, but sometimes opt out because of price, comfort, or whatever. But it sure does make a difference!

      Delete
  4. That makes a lot of sense! I really enjoyed seeing your beautiful views from your past travels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kelly! I'm glad to have a reason to use some of my old photos, lol!

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous views!
    A great view is worth its price in gold.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful views, but my favourite is Niagra Falls. You are so lucky to visit these places. Will pay a visit to your old post now xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy reading which is everyone's favorites. Niagara Falls was spectacular! The town they are in? Not so much!

      Delete
  7. Lovely views, Amy! And I totally agree with you: comfort, at this stage in my life, takes precedence over view. Having said that, I would have slept on the floor, sans mattress, and no buffet breakfast for that stunning view of Martha's Vineyard!

    Happy Sunday!

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny, Poppy, the first time we went to MV, we stayed outside of the main town, but we went to this hotel one day, and I promised myself that we would stay there the next time we went. It was fabulous, except it was cloudy the entire week!

      Delete
  8. These shots are amazing and I love a good view.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kim! A view really changes my perspective on a vacation!

      Delete
    2. Thanks, Kim! A view really changes my perspective on a vacations!

      Delete
  9. I do love a view but I always try and find one at a good price :) Love the Cayman Photo. The Vancouver photo brings back memories of riding push bikes there in 2010. I am fairly sure we rode in that exact spot. We took a day and started in Stanley Park and followed the shoreline in a huge loop.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow. You have collected some great views and plenty of great memories. Gorgeous. I'm borrowing your idea and taking pictures of our views from now on. Have a great trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Katie! I'm happy that you'll be photographing your views, too!

      Delete
  11. Ready for a vacation! I'll go anywhere with a view!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely photos, the niagara falls looks very nice (but so do the other ones to)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Niagara Fall were breathtaking! I can't believe it took me so many years to get there, considering that it's not that far!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  13. would be so nice to have those views for a change - says the budget traveler.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many of our rooms were upgraded since we are Starwood Hotel members. It doesn't cost a thing to join, and you get lovely perks, like room upgrades!

      Delete
  14. You've enjoyed some world-class views!! I think my favorite is the Grand Cayman view.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love reading which is everyone's favorites! We were not supposed to have a pool/ocean view but they upgraded us when we arrived!

      Delete
  15. Replies
    1. Thanks! I really appreciate that you stopped by, and took the time to comment :)

      Delete
  16. woaa those are stunning shots. The view from hotel room matters a lot to me. TO sip coffee on the balcony, watching the sunset ... lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree - when I am lucky enough to have one, that's exactly what I like to do...coffee in the morning; sunsets in the evening!

      Delete
  17. This was our first day in Israel. It was dark when we arrived the night before, so this was a glorious surprise in the morning!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome photos!!
    My favorite of-course is the one from Tel-Aviv :)
    I live in the north suburb of Tel-Aviv and we have a great view of the sea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, WInnie! Must be wonderful to have that view on a daily basis! Going to Israel was the best trip we ever took. I hope I get to go back some day.

      Delete

PRIVACY POLICY: I will never share your email information with others. I use your email to respond to your comments on my blog, or to interact socially with you.