Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

I want to go everywhere I haven't been, and back to everywhere I have been.

Thursday, August 7, 2014

10 Ways To Perk Up Outdoor Living Spaces...And Some BIG News!


10 Ways to Perk Up Outdoor Living Spaces by mstoodygooshoes.blogspot.com #OutdoorLiving #Deck

Is there anyone out there who looks forward to the end of summer?
Have you had your fill of lazy, hazy days,
barbeques and picnics,
swimming, watermelon, and flip flops?

Nope, me either.

 As much as I love fall, I'm trying to keep 
the summer vibe going as long as I possibly can.
Maybe it has something to do with the fact
that we had such a brutal winter last year.
I don't think that I've recovered, mentally, from that yet,
and even though there's another season between now and then,
I shudder at the thought of cold and snowy weather ahead. 

One thing I plan to do is spend as much time as possible 
outdoors on my deck, while I can,
even if it means sitting out there all bundled up.

So, the chair cushions won't be put away just yet;
in fact, I'm still doing things to spruce up my outdoor living space. 
Lots of summer merchandise is on sale now, making it the perfect time to pick up some great additions at discount prices...
which brings me to...

MY BIG NEWS!

My friend, Claire, has asked me to be her monthly 
contributor on "Home and Garden," over at her blog,

You'll find me there on the first Thursday of every month,
and today is my big debut!

My first post is 
"10 Ways To Perk Up Outdoor Living Spaces,"
and if you click right here,
you will magically be transported to it.

 I hope you will visit me over at Claire's
and leave a comment, so I know you were there.
While you're at it, take some time to explore Claire's blog...
where you will always find terrific recipes and projects, 
presented with Claire's great sense of humor.

Oh, and if, come February, you see me outside on my deck, 
frozen solid to my deck furniture?
Send in the rescue troops!

 

18 comments:

  1. Oh I feel for you next Winter. Living so far north, you really do get harsh Winters. But, thankfully, it's still only August, so you should have plenty of sunshine left to enjoy for awhile. Congrats on your upcoming monthly features!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the opportunity to contribute to Claire's blog. I went through it and enjoyed your photos, as usual.
    Keep up the good work and future endeavors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on this opportunity!! I normally love the fall and cold but after last winter I am a bit on edge. I don't want another winter like that.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cynthia! I don't think I could take a winter like that again!

      Delete
  4. Congratulations! How fun for you. I am trying to savor the last bits of summer, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay!! So happy to have you over every month, Amy!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I trust that we have at least six more weeks of summer. Not very warm but nice. Congratulations on the opportunity

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Amy,

    Congrats on the new venture! Sounds exciting and right up your alley! Popping over right now to have a look! Happy weekend!

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just went over to Claire's and when I tried to publish my comment, which is the following:

      A wonderful post, Amy, with all your invaluable advice and ideas! Love the pretty coloured pots and the use of patterned fabrics to brighten up our outdoor spaces and make them inviting!

      Happy weekend!

      Poppy

      *************************
      something called Open ID in Blogger would not allow it, so here it is, for 'your eyes only', I guess!;))

      Delete
    2. Thank you, Poppy, for trying to leave a comment at Claire's. I've had that same problem with "Open ID", so now I just un-click the box that says "Authenticate Blogger" and it lets me comment.

      Delete
  9. Hi There..It was so nice to "bump" into you on Twitter yesterday! I've come to visit and low and behold..you're a friend of Claire's! One of my fun loving Central Florida Blogging buddies! I love your blog story :) Look forward to reading and sharing more of your lively posts! Hugs- Wendi @ H2OBungalow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here, Wendi! I'm looking forward to keeping up with your blog, as well!

      Delete

PRIVACY POLICY: I will never share your email information with others. I use your email to respond to your comments on my blog, or to interact socially with you.