Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

I want to go everywhere I haven't been, and back to everywhere I have been.

Friday, August 1, 2014

My Photo Diary: July


July Photo Diary --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes


July was one heckuva month!  
It was everything that I love about summer.

We went on a great road trip...
enjoyed hanging out on the deck on long summer evenings...
saw lots of friends...
savored summer's bounty of fruits and veggies,
and just relaxed! 
Not every month is as exciting as 
this one was,
which makes me very grateful for 
all of the wonderful things that this month brought.
 
I hope you had an fabulous July, too! 

******************

July 1
Every summer, when Junior Goo Shoes is at camp, Sadie lets us know she is missing him, by pulling his stuffed animals out of his room. Pluto must be a good listener...Sadie is probably telling him how sad she is.

My Photo Diary: July --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

July 2
Back in SoHo for another hair appointment. The Taco Truck on Broadway looks tempting, but I resisted!

My Photo Diary: July --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

July 3
This squirrel managed to get on top of the bird feeder post, but it took him a long time to figure out how to get down. Either that, or he's got a thing for the cardinal!

My Photo Diary: July --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

July 4
Celebrated the 4th with wonderful friends at Half Moon, one of our favorite restaurants on the Hudson River in Dobbs Ferry, NY, with a fireworks show for dessert.

My Photo Diary: July --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes


July 5
Mr. Goo Shoes finally made my herb box! OK, so it's a little crooked. I told him to wait till after the summer to fix it.

My Photo Diary: July --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

July 6
I've been trying to get a blue jay picture for months. Finally did today, but of course, my camera was on some funky setting. 

My Photo Diary: July --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

July 7
Summer fruits...nothing better!


My Photo Diary: July --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes


July 8
Killing time in Central Park (NYC) before my annual physical.

#CentralPark ---   Ms. Toody Goo Shoes


July 9
Saw this in Rockefeller Center (NYC) on my way to a former co-worker's retirement luncheon. 

 #RockefellerCenter, NYC --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

July 10
We left on our road trip today! First stop: Old Town, Alexandria, VA. This is Robert E. Lee's boyhood home. The sign says that after Appomattox, he returned and climbed the wall to see if the "snowballs" were in bloom. Everyone loves hydrangeas!

Old Town Alexandria  --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

July 11
Before we hit the road this morning to our stop in North Carolina, I had a chance to walk around and see the historic homes in Old Town. How cute is this skinny blue house?

Old Town Alexandria --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

July 12
Finally arrived in South Carolina (yes, it's raining)! How about this tree tunnel?



South Carolina--- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

July 13
Aaaah, the beach on Kiawah Island is extraordinary!

#Kiawah Island, SC --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

July 14
Monday Farmer's Market at Freshfields Village, at the crossroads of Kiawah, Seabrook and Johns Islands. 

 Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

July 15
We spotted this bird in a little pond on the side of the road. I think it's a Great Blue Heron. Anyone who knows for sure, please leave a comment!


My Photo Diary: July --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

July 16
Today we visited the magnificent Angel Oak Tree on Johns Island. This Live-Oak is estimated to be 300-400 years old, is 65 feet high, 25 feet in circumference, and provides 17,000 square feet of shade.

#AngelOakTree Johns Island, SC --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

July 17
Sunset cruise on the Kiawah River, where we spotted lots of dolphins and pelicans. 


July 18
Fried Green Tomatoes at 82 Queen in Charleston. Dee-lish!

My Photo Diary: July --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes


July 19
One of many alligator sightings on our "Alligator Adventure" tour through the Nature Center on Kiawah Island. 

My Photo Diary: July --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

July 20
Sandy Sadie resting on the beach.

My Photo Diary: July --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

July 21
Sweetgrass Baskets at this week's Freshfields Farmers Market. 

My Photo Diary: July --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

July 22
Walking around the grounds of the Magnolia Plantation, just outside of Charleston, which has been owned by the same family for three centuries. Long Bridge, one of the highlights on the grounds, was built in 1840, while the original house was built in 1646.

#MagnoliaPlantation, South Carolina --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

July 23
Spotted this white heron on my early morning walk. 

My Photo Diary: July --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

July 24
Took a carriage ride through Historic Charleston this morning. What a beautiful city! Wish I could photo-shop out those cars!

My Photo Diary: July --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

July 25
Today's activity was the "Back-Island Birding" tour. Spotted so many amazing birds. This is an Anhinga nest -- the black bird is the poppa bird; the white ones are the babies. Momma must be having a day out with the girls.

My Photo Diary: July --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

July 26
Time to start the 800-mile drive home...today, we are heading straight through to Alexandria, VA. Sadie is buckled in, and very comfy on her pillows.

My Photo Diary: July --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

July 27
After a good night's rest in Old Town Alexandria, VA, we have only 250 miles to go! Passing by Washington, DC, I caught this photo of the Jefferson Memorial, with the Washington Monument in the background.

My Photo Diary: July --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

July 28
SOOOO good to be home after 2 1/2 weeks!

My Photo Diary: July --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes


July 29
What a treat to spend the afternoon with my BFF, at the Red Hat On The River in Irvington, NY. That's the Hudson River, btw, 20+ miles north of Manhattan, with the Tappan Zee Bridge in the background. 

#RedHatOnTheRiver Irvington, NY --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

July 30
Beach toes. Atlantic Beach, NY with the girls. I wonder how many days we could talk before running out of things to say.

My Photo Diary: July --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

July 31 
What a face! Visited my dear friend today, and her sweet cockapoo, Lexi.  Great way to end the month!

My Photo Diary: July --- Ms. Toody Goo Shoes


Wishing everyone a Happy August!
Enjoy the last hurrah of summer!


14 comments:

  1. Wonderful photos and yes, that is a Great Blue Heron. We have them here and one occasionally visits our pond.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kim, and thanks for confirming that it's a Great Blue Heron. It must be so nice to have one visiting your pond!

      Delete
  2. Quite an interesting and fun month. Glad for you and the Mr. and of course Sadie. How could you not love that cockapoo in the last picture, but then I'm her Mom.
    Thanks for sharing all of those wonderful pictures

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun month! LOVED seeing all of your photos. Give Sadie a big hug from Duhgall and I.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the picture of the Blue Jay! It's like he is shining his blue-ness on everything around him! I'm glad you had such a good trip - and documented it so beautifully - but it is good to get back home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Mo! I think I had the camera set on "dusk" so everything came out blue, not just the bird! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  5. You had a great month of July 2014!!! Sadie is so cute and I'll bet she really misses Jr. but you sure did take her on a wonderful adventure! Love the beach toes picture - precious friends who never run out of things to talk about! Here's to a fantastic August!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amy, Beautiful July! We spent some of it in Charleston as well. We were passing through to Florida and Harry Potter World. Great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds like you had a great month! I love all your bird and dog pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You had a fantastic month! I loved seeing all of your fun photos. That Kiawah island trip looked heavenly. I'd love to know where you stayed since it allowed dogs. That may be a nice future destination for us someday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great photos and congrats on the herb box! Can't see what you grow and cook!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL you had me on the first day with Pluto and Sad Sadie

    ReplyDelete

PRIVACY POLICY: I will never share your email information with others. I use your email to respond to your comments on my blog, or to interact socially with you.