Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

I want to go everywhere I haven't been, and back to everywhere I have been.

Sunday, November 18, 2018

DRIVING DOWN THE HIGHWAY




If your pet could Uber, where would it go? #RoadTrips | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes


If your pet could Uber, where would it go?

When I posed that question to Junior Goo Shoes about our dog,
he didn't hesitate with an answer.........
He was certain that Sadie would absolutely, positively 
tell her Uber driver to head down the highway
 to the closest cheese stick factory.
She is crazy about the part-skim mozzarella variety,
and when she hears the wrapper being torn off of her favorite people-food,
she runs from wherever she is in the house in hopes of getting a nibble.

Yes, I can see it now.........
her head craned out of the car window........
ears flapping in the breeze........
sniffing the air for that first scent of cheese sticks 
wafting from the factory.


Ah, the promises and possibilities of the open road!


"...Roll down the window and let the wind blow back your hair
Well, the night's busting open, these two lanes will take us anywhere
We got one last chance to make it real
To trade in these wings on some wheels
Climb in back, heaven's waiting down on the tracks..."


 Yep, it's me, quoting Bruce Springsteen lyrics again.


Can you conjure up that feeling you had 
when you first got your driver's license.......
The exhilaration of getting behind the wheel, 
and taking yourself ANYWHERE.........
Knowing that you can drive down the interstate to independence......
or take the freeway to freedom........
BLISS!

The euphoric realization that a full tank of gas, 
and a hunger to explore highways and biways
can take one on incredible adventures has never left me.
If anything, my appetite for road trips has only intensified.
Having a penchant for road trips must be a family trait.......
Junior GS has been planning a cross-country junket
to take after he graduates from college since he was 15 years old.

Whether you take the yellow brick one,
the one less traveled,  
the rocky one,
or all of the ones that lead to Rome,
ladies and gents........start your engines........
it's time to hit the road!




The road to Pike's Peak, Colorado | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes
Climbing up to 14,000+ feet through the clouds to Pike's Peak, Colorado



Driving through Aqaba en route to ancient Petra, Jordan | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes
Driving through Aqaba en route to ancient Petra, Jordan



Driving down the highway | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes
Barrelling down Interstate 80 on the way to Lake Erie, Pennsylvania




The road to Kiawah Island, South Carolina  | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes
Traveling through a canopy of trees to Kiawah Island, South Carolina



Driving Down the Highway | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes
Battling snow, rain and ice on the road to Ithaca, New York



Approaching Philadellphia, PA | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes
Approaching Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, the City Of Brotherly Love.



Driving Down The Highway | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes
White-knuckling it through a blizzard up the NJ Turnpike on the way home from Florida.



Driving Down The Highway | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes
Heading out on a one-lane highway into Montauk, Long Island, New York



Driving along the south coast of Iceland | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes
Navigating through early morning fog on the southern coast of Iceland.



West Side Highway, NYC | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes
Breezing our way up the West Side Highway into New York City on an unusually light traffic day.




Where will the open road take you, next?







LINKING WITH:
Take Me Away



9 comments:

  1. Amy I have to agree driving down open roads is the best. you have been down some pretty Highways with some beautiful views. Love the Colorado up in the clouds just beautiful. Hey what is it about dogs and those cheese sticks. Our dog is the same way. He can hear that wrapper pull from a mile away. Buddy loves them too. Have a great week and wonderful Thanksgiving.
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Amy,
    Great pictures. So amazing to see all these wonderful places with wonderful view.
    So special to drive there.

    Best regards,
    Marco

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amy, I clearly remember the feeling of "freedom" when I got my driver's license. It was finally happening after years full of anticipation and excitement. As always, I enjoy your photos and post. Joan-MyCookieClinic

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic shots, Amy, of your fun and exciting road trips! I especially love the pic of South Carolina's umbrella of trees and, as much as they scare the daylights out of me, those winding roads in the sky, like Pike's Peak!

    Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, it may be my Midwest roots, but I'm hearing, "On the road again..." with Willie Nelson---strumming and a picking, really NOT suitable in NYC. On a 10-day Southern backroads trip---I insisted on playing a tape by Emmy Lou Harris and another pickin' and a grinnin' tape by a blue grass group---I'm so glad I can comment again on your beautiful posts...I've seen everyone, but something was glitching me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Many great travels. I can remember that feeling of the windows, sunroof open and stereo blasting. It's a feeling I miss. Doesn't get better than the freedom to hit the open road

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love taking photos "on the road", so this post makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a neat group of photos, and an interesting theme for your post!

    ReplyDelete

PRIVACY POLICY: I will never share your email information with others. I use your email to respond to your comments on my blog, or to interact socially with you.